Remember when riding your bike meant something!!!

mikesr1963

Gonna walk my dog, you?
1014042_554951107900501_927930962_n.jpg

Cool!

I put a steering wheel on my bike when I was a kid.
My dad wouldn't do it for me. So, I did it myself.
He was so proud that I did it, he didn't get mad that I didn't listen to him. :P
and once he saw it in action, he liked it too.

Absolutely. I need to find a picture of me with my old Stingray.

Bike riding still means a lot to me though! :grin: My "Sting Ray" now just has full suspension and big nobby tires!

I had one like the one lower left. Sissy bar, high rise bars and all. Mom even made me a furry seat cover for it.
Some asshole stole it. :mad:

Foo and I had a huge collection of frames and parts. We ripped em apart and rebuilt them almost weekly depending on where we were riding. We had street tires, knobby tires, tall gears, short gears, you name it. We were modders even then.

i had one of those expensive schwinn sting rays when they came out in like 1964....banana seat.....5 speed stick shift....the whole thing. it was the model that came out BEFORE the "crate" sting rays. i was the talk of the block for a while.

later when i was like 12....i bought a cheap sting ray....got a couple of peices of aluminum tubing.....flattened one end of each....drilled the flattened end for the size of the front axle and jammed the round ends onto the end of the existing forks......instant chopper.....EVERYONE wanted to ride that thing. it wasn't a real pretty job. i spray painted the aluminum tubes to match the existing forks....but it still had a bit of a "rat bike" look to it. :grin:

Where are the baseball cards and clothespin?

Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes.

Those banana seats need to make a comeback. They were way more comfortable than the prostate-crushing minimalist saddles you see now.

messedup0
It gets/stays interesting 20 seconds in.

Failing to jump into and out of the ski lift is a major missed opportunity here.

I really enjoy these kind of videos, when they're especially good and well-filmed. One question though is why they always, always, always have obnoxiously sophomoric kid music. In my humble opinion, of course. Unless there's been a thorough scientific study of some kind.

Back