Remember those First Act VW Garage Masters?

I had one of these V-dub guitars. Very, very neck heavy. Just very poor balance. That being said, it played ok and sounded pretty good. Mine was white on white, and looked pretty cool.

I had one of these V-dub guitars. Very, very neck heavy. Just very poor balance. That being said, it played ok and sounded pretty good. Mine was white on white, and looked pretty cool.
I'll have to get a strap on it and check that out. Didn't even consider that.

Got the fretboard oiled and the action set pretty damn low last night. There's one fret that's a tad high on the first string around 13 or 14, but that's it. I'm going to break it in tonight at our weekly jam and see how it does. I have a feeling this one may not be the beater slide guitar I was looking for.

And regarding the neck, it is indeed 2 piece. The scarf joint was done such that the grain in the maple matched pretty well and I didn't notice it in my quickie review earlier. Looking at it in better lighting probably had a lot to do with it too.

Now one has appeared on Craigslist in Arkansas. Is there a movement afoot?

Probably just timing. Those came out in '06-'07, so it's about the time folks would be selling those cars and thinking, "oh yeah, I got a guitar with that. I should sell it too.".

Last edited:
i think they look cool but I know a girl who got one when she bought a VW
she doesnt play guitar and didnt pay anything for it
I asked her what shed take for it and she said $200
I offered $50 and she was offended.

i think they look cool but I know a girl who got one when she bought a VW
she doesnt play guitar and didnt pay anything for it
I asked her what shed take for it and she said $200
I offered $50 and she was offended.
Pretty much how I got this one, but the girl was on Craigslist. She told me she kept it, thinking one day it'd be fun to learn, but she never got around to it and now has a toddler...so probably not in the cards for her. She got a few bucks and some room in her closet, I got a new guitar for cheap. Win, win.

Back