Remember the Hellcat's "600+" HP projection?

umm, small correction.....the Hellcat brings 45 more HP than the STANDARD GT 500 Shelby.....not the Super Snake options. the upper limit on the Super Snake options is just slightly over ONE THOUSAND horsepower.....just sayin' :rolleyes:
Well if we are really getting technical, the Super Snake is not a production car. It is built by Shelby America.

You have to buy a GT500 and send it to Shelby, and $41,000 later you get a Super Snake.
http://www.shelbyamerican.com/images/pdf/2013-ss.pdf

Well, if I had the money to buy one, I'd have the money to take a driving course to learn how to handle one.

I'm not a leadfoot nor street racer by any means, though I understand that a car with this much power can get away from you if you aren't paying attention. I'd still like to own one if I was to win the lotto. The '70-'74 'Cudas are my favorite body style for muscle cars, and the Challenger comes close. I owned a rusted-out '70 'Cuda for a bit in the '80s before I went in the Air Force. I wouldn't mind a new one, not at all :)

That didn't take long....1 hour

http://www.tflcar.com/2014/12/first-2015-dodge-challenger-hellcat-sold-in-colorado-crashed/
hellcat-crash-front.jpg

Complete fucking dumbass. Cold pavement and ignorance rarely mix well.
fark_AyTubBc5Hr51cqrlMJ4a0ILjDWw.gif

These kind of people wouldn't bother me if they didn't cause the rest of us higher insurance rates.
At least he didn't hurt anyone... This time.

Scene photo:
dodge-challenger-hellcat-wreck-e1419190981702.jpg

I'm not surprised someone crashed one already. That is a lot of power to manage.

glad no one got really hurt......but that's funny as hell.

i've always said, if you put kids today in the cars we drove in high school, they'd be dead in 3 blocks.
(1970-1975)

glad no one got really hurt......but that's funny as hell.

i've always said, if you put kids today in the cars we drove in high school, they'd be dead in 3 blocks.
(1970-1975)
By '75 GM was putting peanut cams in everything. In 1975 they had a Pontiac 350 putting out only 155hp. Now there's 4-banger Hondas with more power. LOL

You're right, though. Kids don't respect power. My '06 V6 Mustang at 210hp is too much for most kids. I learned how to drive stick in a Fox body Mustang that popped wheelies if you didn't ease the clutch in right, so I'm biased... LOL

Sent from my Moto X 2014 using Tapatalk

You can get crazy horsepower in modern cars. My V8 5.0 liter 1986 Mustang GT, which was considered to be a pretty powerful car back in the day, dyno tested at 200 HP at the wheels with a chipped ECU and an high flow air filter. My recent 4 banger 2.3 liter mazda dyno tested at nearly 300 hp at the wheels with essentially the same mods, and it isn't even what most would consider a 'real performance car' these days. :messedup:

By '75 GM was putting peanut cams in everything. In 1975 they had a Pontiac 350 putting out only 155hp. Now there's 4-banger Hondas with more power. LOL

You're right, though. Kids don't respect power. My '06 V6 Mustang at 210hp is too much for most kids. I learned how to drive stick in a Fox body Mustang that popped wheelies if you didn't ease the clutch in right, so I'm biased... LOL

Sent from my Moto X 2014 using Tapatalk

we weren't driving NEW cars......we were driving '65-'70 big block muscle. 427's, 440's, 389's, 428 CJ's....etc.
you take a 16 y.o. today and hand him the keys to a '66 SS/427 and the kid MIGHT make to 3rd gear without killing himself.

we weren't driving NEW cars......we were driving '65-'70 big block muscle. 427's, 440's, 389's, 428 CJ's....etc.
you take a 16 y.o. today and hand him the keys to a '66 SS/427 and the kid MIGHT make to 3rd gear without killing himself.

How did you afford the gas? My uncle had a 69 Pontiac GTO Judge that he had to get rid of due to the high gas prices at that time.

Having driven the stock SRT8 on some windy, back country roads... I find the prospect of this thing to be truly terrifying.

It might be a great 1/4 mile car, but beyond that, it is too big and massive to make use of that power in the twisties.

One trick pony with a death wish.

So?

It's a hell of a trick.

Back