Remember that little map of Baltimore?

I've heard people talk about an impending war of the states again, but I don't think that's possible. It's not a simple north-south or east-west division. If it were to break out based on current political divisions, it would primarily be urban vs. rural, which is logistically impossible to translate in to a war based on any scenario I can imagine.

i didn't mean like the civil war....but more riots and not just by african americans. a lot of people are getting pretty pissed about how everything is being handled.

I agree that it is most likely that things will get a lot worse before they (possibly) get better. The bottom will be ugly.

well the prosecutor has spoken. the 6 cops are being charged with everything from homicide to misconduct and about 4 other charges in between.

i worry for this city, now that charges have been file it may give the rioters "proof" that they were right to riot (in their minds)

LET'S DON'T GO OFF AND MAKE THIS THREAD GET LOCKED, NOW.

well the prosecutor has spoken. the 6 cops are being charged with everything from homicide to misconduct and about 4 other charges in between.

i worry for this city, now that charges have been file it may give the rioters "proof" that they were right to riot (in their minds)

LET'S DON'T GO OFF AND MAKE THIS THREAD GET LOCKED, NOW.
Indictments aren't really proof. But anyway, since when has anyone ever needed proof to feel a certain way?

Indictments aren't really proof. But anyway, since when has anyone ever needed proof to feel a certain way?

you know what i mean. i didn't say they were guilty (yet), i'm just saying those folks who doing all the rioting might now see these indictments and good reason to keep on rioting.

you know what i mean. i didn't say they were guilty (yet), i'm just saying those folks who doing all the rioting might now see these indictments and good reason to keep on rioting.

If they do I hope they're organized to actually take it to the police and the Guard this time. If you add a strong leader to a riot it becomes a movement.

If they do I hope they're organized to actually take it to the police and the Guard this time. If you add a strong leader to a riot it becomes a movement.

or it becomes an insurection....which would turn out quite bloody.

i don't think there is any good reason for any further rioting. they've charged the cops and they're going to trial. justice IS being served. everyone should just calm down and see how it proceeds.

Reactions: Tig
There's a big difference between a riot and a demonstration/march/civil disobedience.

yea....that's what i mean. walking around with signs that say "justice for freddie" is one thing and completely acceptable. burning down the city is not.

Very curious to see the evidence against the officers, and to hear some legal scholars opine as to how this may wind up...

Back