Remember that little map of Baltimore?

Coralkong

Alien
The one showing all the crime and stuff?

Well, guess where all the looting and rioting happened?
baltimore_Crime_map.JPG

Shocking.
They're gonna need to update the map soon. May not be able to fit it all on there, actually.
Gonna need to add some categories to the legend as well...

Baltimore. Yeah, fuck that place.

Thread may get locked...bordering on politics, but I will never understand why someone would go out and destroy their own neighborhood. :shrug:

Baltimore is just down the road from me. I go there often. Like most cities, it's got nice areas and not-so-nice areas.

Thread may get locked...bordering on politics, but I will never understand why someone would go out and destroy their own neighborhood. :shrug:

Baltimore is just down the road from me. I go there often. Like most cities, it's got nice areas and not-so-nice areas.

I'd respond but we're not allowed to discuss anything here that may affect more than four or five middle-aged dudes at any one time.

Yep, awfully close to home for me, as in my home is not that far away. It's a terrible situation all around.

There are a small number of total assholes in any group. Large protests tend to be asshole magnets because they can act out with a fairly large chance of getting away with it. Probably 98% of the people at the protests are doing the right thng and having the big pictures ruined by the very few who live up to the negative stereotype. Change needs to come but demonstrations like that never bring the change. Study the civil rights movement to see what kind of effort and organization is required to bring change to a flawed system. Time...steadfastness....organizing.

... but I will never understand why someone would go out and destroy their own neighborhood. :shrug:

This has always baffled me too.

Claims are being made that a lot of folks in the recent riots are the same people who travel around to wherever the current hotspot is and help stir up the trouble.

on a better note......did any of you see that vid (it was on national news tonight) of the mother who grabbed her son (17 ish) and pulled the ski mask off his head and started slapping the living shit out of him and yelling at him.....he starts to walk away and she goes....."you get the fuck back over here" and starts slapping him some more.
awesome. they've interviewed her and she makes complete sense and she's appalled her kid was throwing rocks at cops.
she's gonna be on one of the late night talk shows sometime this week.....maybe tonight.

on a better note......did any of you see that vid (it was on national news tonight) of the mother who grabbed her son (17 ish) and pulled the ski mask off his head and started slapping the living shit out of him and yelling at him.....he starts to walk away and she goes....."you get the fuck back over here" and starts slapping him some more.
awesome. they've interviewed her and she makes complete sense and she's appalled her kid was throwing rocks at cops.
she's gonna be on one of the late night talk shows sometime this week.....maybe tonight.

I did see that, and I approve wholeheartedly.
She embarassed him is what she did.
She might have saved his life, actually.

Reactions: Tig
Back