remember my trusty Korg DT-10?

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
Well, it finally ate it. The input jack was fixed a few months ago, but it stopped working again. If there's one thing I've learned, old, intermittent gear just isn't worth it. If anyone wants it, it's yours for the cost of shipping.

Now, should I get a Polytune 2 or a BOSS TU-3?

Last edited:
came across this on Rig-Talk, looking for comparisons. Hilarious.

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=144575#p1666924

Dude: So man, I got this pedal my buddy's giving me; stoked, its a new model xyz.
Bro: No shit. Is it the true bypass one that was floating around on TGP?
Dude: Ah, no, just the reissue they did a little while ago.
Bro: So the modded one by Joerge?
Dude: I don't think so dude, just a straight up, NIB xyz stomp man. Stoked!
Bro: But don't you have all NOS stomps on your custom made pedal board?
Dude: Pretty much, but who cares? It's a freebie and I've been jonesing to try one out.
Bro: Ya man, but, like, look dude... You'll be lessening your board cred by having that on there.
Dude: The fuck?
Bro: Dude, I've seen your board, man, it's sick. Every stomp on there's a 10 out of 10, right?
Dude: I guess. Ya. So?
Bro: Well dude, you'll be putting something on there that's 8 out of 10.
Dude: So, it's free?!?
Bro: You'll be stepping all your 10 out of 10s down a bit man... Law of averages.
Dude: What, you mean it won't sound as good? It'll make my board sound shitty?
Bro: Dude, this goes way beyond what'll sound like. It's about net cred and stomp ego man.
Bro: Ya man, I mean, I don't even know what the xyz does. But it should be modded before you even consider it. Either that, or the original xyz.
Dude: The original's 40 years old man.
Bro: No man, not, like, the original line up of pedals - the original one - that Hendrix pissed on and Page threw up on.
Bro: I'm serious man. Look, dudes today, the board's like a badge system. Doesn't matter what the pedals do...it's where they're from and how hard they are to buy or steal. Anything that's buffered? That just means they're too new, and won't pass the stomp'tude test man. Your buds will dis you. Your girl, probably already getting sore knees with that lead guy who's gone full Mutron.
Dude: I'm speechless man. It's just a free fuckin' pedal Bro...why the fuck can't I just get it and use it.
Bro: It's probably free because the dude who's giving it away can't handle the pressure of losing his stomp'cred. Ever think of that?!
Dude: Shit man, no, but you have a good point.
Bro: I know man. I wouldn't lie to you dude.
Dude: Why would he be such an asshole?!?!
Bro: It's a cruel world man, don't take it to heart. Just be happy you didn't get stuck with that stomp man.
Dude: Shit. No kidding. Thanks Bro.
Bro: No sweat dude, anytime.

I'll be honest...the Polytune I had wasn't as accurate as the Turbo tuner. Not nearly as close as i would have expected.

I'll be honest...the Polytune I had wasn't as accurate as the Turbo tuner. Not nearly as close as i would have expected.

I proved with the Peterson Strobostomp that I just can't get with a strobe. I just need something that gets me there. But I hear you loud and clear.

I proved with the Peterson Strobostomp that I just can't get with a strobe. I just need something that gets me there. But I hear you loud and clear.
The turbo tuner has a bit of a learning curve too but once you get used to it it becomes your standard. I think that if I didn't have that a snark would probably work about as we'll for me as any other pedal on the market....

The turbo tuner has a bit of a learning curve too but once you get used to it it becomes your standard. I think that if I didn't have that a snark would probably work about as we'll for me as any other pedal on the market....

My only reason for buying a tuner is actually for bass. I use the tuner on my Eventide Pitchfactor for guitar. I thought the Reverend R symbol would be the perfect place for a Snark on my bass. Alas, the word "Prototype" is written in paint pen right there. I don't want that to wear off, so I'm using a pedal tuner again.

IT'S ALIVE!

Apparently, this thing only wants to work with a battery. Plug in AC power, and it doesn't work. Plug in the battery, and everything is fine. I never use batteries. Three of the pedals on my main board don't even have the option for a battery. I can't live like this. So it's still yours @dodgechargerfan. Maybe you can figure out the mystery of the bad AC jack.

IT'S ALIVE!

Apparently, this thing only wants to work with a battery. Plug in AC power, and it doesn't work. Plug in the battery, and everything is fine. I never use batteries. Three of the pedals on my main board don't even have the option for a battery. I can't live like this. So it's still yours @dodgechargerfan. Maybe you can figure out the mystery of the bad AC jack.
If you're sure. Cool.
I've got some AC jacks in the parts bin. If it works out, and you want it back, we can figure it out.
I'll PM you the address as soon as I have it.

Thanks.

If you're sure. Cool.
I've got some AC jacks in the parts bin. If it works out, and you want it back, we can figure it out.
I'll PM you the address as soon as I have it.

Thanks.

The only way I'll want it back is if the TC turns out to be a dud. And in that case I'll probably end up back at the BOSS anyway.

came across this on Rig-Talk, looking for comparisons. Hilarious.

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=144575#p1666924

Dude: So man, I got this pedal my buddy's giving me; stoked, its a new model xyz.
Bro: No shit. Is it the true bypass one that was floating around on TGP?
Dude: Ah, no, just the reissue they did a little while ago.
Bro: So the modded one by Joerge?
Dude: I don't think so dude, just a straight up, NIB xyz stomp man. Stoked!
Bro: But don't you have all NOS stomps on your custom made pedal board?
Dude: Pretty much, but who cares? It's a freebie and I've been jonesing to try one out.
Bro: Ya man, but, like, look dude... You'll be lessening your board cred by having that on there.
Bro: Dude, I've seen your board, man, it's sick. Every stomp on there's a 10 out of 10, right?
Dude: I guess. Ya. So?
Bro: Well dude, you'll be putting something on there that's 8 out of 10.
Dude: So, it's free?!?
Bro: You'll be stepping all your 10 out of 10s down a bit man... Law of averages.
Dude: What, you mean it won't sound as good? It'll make my board sound shitty?
Bro: Dude, this goes way beyond what'll sound like. It's about net cred and stomp ego man.
Bro: Ya man, I mean, I don't even know what the xyz does. But it should be modded before you even consider it. Either that, or the original xyz.
Dude: The original's 40 years old man.
Bro: No man, not, like, the original line up of pedals - the original one - that Hendrix pissed on and Page threw up on.
Bro: I'm serious man. Look, dudes today, the board's like a badge system. Doesn't matter what the pedals do...it's where they're from and how hard they are to buy or steal. Anything that's buffered? That just means they're too new, and won't pass the stomp'tude test man. Your buds will dis you. Your girl, probably already getting sore knees with that lead guy who's gone full Mutron.
Dude: I'm speechless man. It's just a free fuckin' pedal Bro...why the fuck can't I just get it and use it.
Bro: It's probably free because the dude who's giving it away can't handle the pressure of losing his stomp'cred. Ever think of that?!
Dude: Shit man, no, but you have a good point.
Bro: I know man. I wouldn't lie to you dude.
Dude: Why would he be such an asshole?!?!
Bro: It's a cruel world man, don't take it to heart. Just be happy you didn't get stuck with that stomp man.
Dude: Shit. No kidding. Thanks Bro.
Bro: No sweat dude, anytime.

Satire?

So glad I don't play the ratings game

Satire?

So glad I don't play the ratings game

Yes, it's supposed to be funny.

I know what I like and know what works for me. I rarely ask for suggestions these days and when I do, it's really only looking for confirmation. That can turn people away, but I'm really not concerned with forum cred. If that makes me controversial, then oh well.

Back