Question: Remember back when in your living room...

Older house too

Well a separate computer/music room...it's pretty much the same
If and when my kids move out I'll get a music room/office. Until then I claim a wall in the living room and my wife has her office in the dining room. I like it really because we get to sit and talk all the time.

Before I retired I had a miniature leg lamp stuck to the top of my computer monitor. When someone would ask about it I always told them it was a major award. Had one person there who refused to watch the movie Christmas Story because they thought it was a Christian Program.

Reactions: Tig
Our house before this one was wired like that. Have you lost tv's etc to lightening strikes? Crying out loud we lost a couple that way so when ever thunderstorms came up we rushed to unplug everything.
Luckily we have "California Weather". Very rare for us to have lightning more than once or twice a year around here.

If and when my kids move out I'll get a music room/office. Until then I claim a wall in the living room and my wife has her office in the dining room. I like it really because we get to sit and talk all the time.

No kids so one room has always been computer/music room. And that way my wife and I can stay out of each others way :P

Luckily we have "California Weather". Very rare for us to have lightning more than once or twice a year around here.
True, but yet... THREE times in the last 10 years, lighting has struck within 100ft of our house. Twice knocking out transformers, and once catching the neighbors palm tree on fire.

The odds must be incalculable.

Having lived in Florida and experiencing more lightning in a 3 hour period than we see in a span of several years, I have to assume their is something particular on my block that lightning is attracted to.

That is awesome. Some months we get it two or three times a week. We live on a peninsula too and storms at times go down the Rappahannock River out into the Chesapeake Bay and then back up the Potomac and we catch it both times.

That is awesome. Some months we get it two or three times a week. We live on a peninsula too and storms at times go down the Rappahannock River out into the Chesapeake Bay and then back up the Potomac and we catch it both times.
Ugh.

I complain about the weather here but for all of the stuff I dislike its never nearly as rough as it is in the rest of the country.

True, but yet... THREE times in the last 10 years, lighting has struck within 100ft of our house. Twice knocking out transformers, and once catching the neighbors palm tree on fire.

The odds must be incalculable.

The odds would be 1/1 since the events occurred as described. Just sayin'. wave0

Back