Question: Remember back when in your living room...

mikesr1963

Gonna walk my dog, you?
image.jpg
...you had maybe 4 electrical outlets in which there was 8 places to plug stuff in. You had lamps, radios, tv and with everything you had still had a couple vacant. I remember this very well. In my little home office nook I was rearranging stuff last night and kinda freaked out. I'm using two surge protectors and in my little spot I need 11 places to plug stuff in just to survive. Will post a picture in just a minute and the freaking behind the seen wire mess is crazy.

Reactions: OGG
Meh, you're not living dangerous until you use an extension cord to connect an 8 outlet surge protector that's fully loaded into another 8 outlet surge protector that only had that one open outlet...

Meh, you're not living dangerous until you use an extension cord to connect an 8 outlet surge protector that's fully loaded into another 8 outlet surge protector that only had that one open outlet...
WOW!:gu:

It's not always so bad. A computer monitor draws a whopping 20W. A lamp, computer (100W max), printer and a few wall warts and you're still way under the spec'd load of the outlet, wiring and breaker. Just don't cheap out on a power strip. Buy a good one.

My house was built in 1956. We literally have 2 2 gang outlet boxes in every room and even though they are three prong receptacles nothing was grounded properly. Thats being addressed in next years remodel.

My house was built in 1956. We literally have 2 2 gang outlet boxes in every room and even though they are three prong receptacles nothing was grounded properly. Thats being addressed in next years remodel.
Absolutely. I had this too in my last home. I loved the place, but all the outlets were two-wire and someone had swapped all the old outlets out with new ones.

Our house before this one was wired like that. Have you lost tv's etc to lightening strikes? Crying out loud we lost a couple that way so when ever thunderstorms came up we rushed to unplug everything.

It's not always so bad. A computer monitor draws a whopping 20W. A lamp, computer (100W max), printer and a few wall warts and you're still way under the spec'd load of the outlet, wiring and breaker. Just don't cheap out on a power strip. Buy a good one.
I've got two good ones under there.

Back