Redoing son's pedal board

Bob411

thrumming with potential
, and making a case for it.

P1100381.JPG

Niiiice!

How are you providing for cable management (I'm sure pictures of that are forthcoming)?

Niiiice!

How are you providing for cable management (I'm sure pictures of that are forthcoming)?

The bottom of case, "middle in pic" is 1 3/4" tall. Bottom has to have some height, so there is somewhere for the latch. Board will sit on the 3/4" that goes around front, back, and sides, of the bottom of case. A false floor.

Have to say, it was a joy that the temp was in the 40s yesterday. Very welcome in February, to get to play out in the garage.

My utility room really stinks. Wife is NOT happy. It's warm enough to get away with painting out in the garage but, not where it will dry good.

Painting done by son, not me. If it was me, it would be worse.

P1100382.JPG
P1100385.JPG

Playing with the pedal board reminded me, I still have not got son's El Capistan fixed. I E mailed Strymon just before Christmas, to see if I needed a reference number/instructions for sending it in. They never got back to me, right at Christmas, probably a lot going on. Sunday, I found their phone number, wrote it down, and called them yesterday.

So, he wants to know what it's doing, and not doing, and what power supply he is using. I tell him it's probably a Danelectro, I bought a bunch of them on sale. He says, I'm looking on the net, only Dan I see is 200 ma, that's not enough for this pedal. Me: He has other power supplies too, the pedal worked for years, but it doesn't now. We get deeper into what it does, and doesn't do. I tell him, this is actually my son's pedal, I just called since I have a credit card. Can I call you back when I get home, and I'll put son on the phone.

I get home, and call back, Son tells him, he has the Strymon power supply that came with it. Then, son has this deer in the headlights look on his face, asks me where the pedal is. Strymon gut wants to troubleshoot it over the phone. Me: you don't have it? Son: I gave it to you around Christmas. Me: Yeah, but that was over a month ago, you don't have it with your other pedals? Wife: It's in a box. "I had picked the perfect box to ship it in, and wanted to keep them together" Wife: I think it's in the utility room. It was on my island forever. I can look for it tomorrow but I can't stay in there long, the smell gives me a headache.

Still don't know where it is. It's not in the utility room, or son's room.

Yep, it was in the utility room. My memory is not what it once was. The perfect box was not perfect, just room for the pedal, no room for padding. So, I chose a less that perfect box. The box it was in was a good size one way, a good size another way, by a foot and a half. I was going to cut it down. Anyways, that's how I could walk past it every day, and not know what's in it.

Talked to son, asked him where the power supply for the El Cap is. I thought maybe it works for so long, then stops, so then pedal stops working. I wanted to check with a multi meter before I called back. He said he thinks it broke. He doesn't have it anymore. Add that to you need more power than most of the wall warts he has put out, Maybe if we plug the one spot in, with nothing else.... Yes, it's working now. Ordered a new power supply from Strymon. The stupidest part of all this is, he hasn't been able to use the pedal for over a year cuz, I never got around to sending it in, which became not having to send it in.

So, the El Capistan, It lit up, but we didn't have it hooked up, and try it. Got the new power supply from Strymon. hooked it up, worked for 30 seconds, and stopped. Got it boxed up today, and tomorrow, wife will ship it off.

Back