Red Vines

wok

Unholy Meat Obelisk
So today one of my colleagues brought a giant tub of Red Vine to work.

As it's an American thing I have never tried before, and they look appealing like Strawberry candy which I like, I thought I'd have a go....

WRONG!

WTF is wrong with you people? It's absolutely disgusting...

My colleague loves it but was the only one.

Does it divide opinions in the US as well?

lol. I grew up getting Red Vines at the movies. We would bite off the ends and use them as straws for our 64 oz full sugar Cokes. As an adult I think I like Twizzlers more. :embarrassed:

Licorice is one of my guilty pleasures. I would have to say that Twizzlers excel in the licorice department.

This is licorice:

6638087ee4116915a06950d3a521d3c9.jpg

Used to have a giraffe that loved red vines. Any time you were around him you better have some because he made a point of looking for them. He was very determined. Once you gave it to him he would keep looking for more, he'd shove his head into your jacket, try to stick his tongue in your pockets. Once he realized you didn't have anymore he'd walk away and not want anything to do with you anymore. Only thing he loved more than red vines was fruit loops.

I'm just going to complete the the thread title...

Red Vines...are vile shit!

I grew up on Twizzlers, the only acceptable weird chewy hollow tubed candy. We took the boys to a movie at a Regal Cinema about two years ago and bought Red Vines for the first time ever since they didn't have Twizzlers. They were so awful I brought them back. The Regal Cinemas around here switched to Twizzlers sometime last year...finally got their heads out of their asses!

Objectively though, candy's weird and completely personal. Like so much other food it's connected to memories and nostalgia. I'm guessing Red Vines fans generally don't care for Twizzlers (FOOLS!!!), and it's all good (not really, that shit's nasty).

Used to have a giraffe that loved red vines. Any time you were around him you better have some because he made a point of looking for them. He was very determined. Once you gave it to him he would keep looking for more, he'd shove his head into your jacket, try to stick his tongue in your pockets. Once he realized you didn't have anymore he'd walk away and not want anything to do with you anymore. Only thing he loved more than red vines was fruit loops.

You had...a giraffe.

*raises eyebrows*

hqdefault.jpg

They must be a regional thing--I'm aware of them, but I never see them. Twizzlers are everywhere. I don't get them. I think they're lo-cal for candy, which is why people eat them, but I think I'd rather eat nothing. Or eat real candy once instead of eating Twizzlers five times.

I didn't personally own him, he was leased from 5H Ranch in Cape Girardeau, Mo. I believe this picture is me driving the truck. Didn't drive everyday so it might not be me.

wisconsin05.JPG

Heard of them (mostly because of Wayne's World) but never had them. I love Twizzlers but I eat too many and they give me a belly ache.

Red Vines rule!
Twizzlers suck!
pretty much this, Twizzlers had no personality, they were inoffensive and they came in fancypants flavor such as Strawberry if I remember right, more expensive too I think. Red Vines you got at the movie theater or in a gigantic tub from Price Club.
The key to red vines is eat a lot. Doing a few bong rips and then once the munchies hit...dive in, after a few vines they are like gummy bears....can't stop.

pretty much this, Twizzlers had no personality, they were inoffensive and they came in fancypants flavor such as Strawberry if I remember right, more expensive too I think. Red Vines you got at the movie theater or in a gigantic tub from Price Club.
The key to red vines is eat a lot. Doing a few bong rips and then once the munchies hit...dive in, after a few vines they are like gummy bears....can't stop.
Also, they're better the more stale and chewy they are.

Back