Recordingfest Reveal - April 2016!

Neato! I look forward to checking out everybody's entries.

Here is a 1+1 sort of thing from the my latest round of recording. It's a song I wrote a while back, but am just now getting around to recording. The ending is kind of abrupt, but we'll smooth that out with a fade out or something when the time comes.

You sir... You are the real deal. Well done.

Neato! I look forward to checking out everybody's entries.

Here is a 1+1 sort of thing from the my latest round of recording. It's a song I wrote a while back, but am just now getting around to recording. The ending is kind of abrupt, but we'll smooth that out with a fade out or something when the time comes.

Awesome! Really just excellent.
I just wish I could hear the guitar a bit more clearly.

And another one from Thursday Night. Just trying to lock down a good drum track. Bass and guitar are scratch tracks but you again... get the idea.

Thanks for all the kind words fellas. I haven't had the time yet to give everybody else's tracks the proper attention, but am looking forward to doing that soon.

Awesome! Really just excellent.
I just wish I could hear the guitar a bit more clearly.

Do you think it should be eq'd differently or brought up in the mix?

Finally got around to the last three.

Smurfco - nicely done, quick and to the point, dare I say abrupt. I wanted more.

Scott - I wish my test tracks sounded that good. Wish I had a drummer. I haz jealous.

Rhino - I need to try something stripped down like that again. Maybe I can even rehearse it before I record so at least someone listens to it. :)
Sounded really good, I would download that.

@Dexter Inferno Love the harmonies on the first 'right.' Then there was more throughout the rest! Nice build and attention to dynamics.

@Gary Blanchard Strength in knowing how to bend is very Bruce Lee. Still Alive is very sweet. The string pad is a nice touch.

@Kerouac Your voice and playing both sound great. Very smooth.

@Knox in Box The production on this is fantastic. You have a great ear.

@mnewb1 I agree that you have a cool setup. I liked the feel of Better Angle and the guitar solo was great. I was curious if you were going to take us some place new with Comfortably Numb. You stayed true to the original and hit all the parts. Well done.

Will do more later

Do you think it should be eq'd differently or brought up in the mix?

A little of both, actually. It definitely needs to come up, volume wise, but I think it could also be made more present with some EQ as well.
Great stuff!

@rsadasiv Raza daza do. Love some Bowie. I liked your rendition.

@smurfco I'll have to check out some more of The Bird Index. It's a good song with tasteful playing all the way around. As you indicated it is a rough mix, I'll be curious to see where you go with it.

@Scott_Abene Ya'll have some serious chops. I'll be looking forward to see how these two progress.

Last edited:
Finally got around to the last three.

Smurfco - nicely done, quick and to the point, dare I say abrupt. I wanted more.

Scott - I wish my test tracks sounded that good. Wish I had a drummer. I haz jealous.

Rhino - I need to try something stripped down like that again. Maybe I can even rehearse it before I record so at least someone listens to it. :)
Sounded really good, I would download that.

Thanks.

That one isn't out yet, but I have a few other albums on Spotify, itunes, and CD Baby. The album names are Cheers to the Wind, Songs for the Porch, and Drowned Cicadas.

A little of both, actually. It definitely needs to come up, volume wise, but I think it could also be made more present with some EQ as well.
Great stuff!

Thanks for the input. Another set of good ears is always helpful.

Thanks.

That one isn't out yet, but I have a few other albums on Spotify, itunes, and CD Baby. The album names are Cheers to the Wind, Songs for the Porch, and Drowned Cicadas.
I'll have to see if they're available over here. Thanks.

After listening to all of these I have to say that Mark has attracted quite a talented bunch of musicians to this site. The proof is in all these tunes. A lot of very well done stuff in quite a few genres. Very nice indeed.

I'm still working my way through these. I'm a little past halfway. So far, everything sounds great. Nice work doodz. There are indeed some talented mofos around here.

Back