Recordingfest 2015

Record something without letting us know what it is (preferably), post it to a hosting site, send link to k-wak before the deadline, he posts them all together as a surprise.

Then we all give good natured critiques on the recordings. It doesn't have to be high quality, one takes, live clips from your band etc... are all welcome.

When you say hosting site, does that mean like a soundcloud sort of thing?

I'll never make the deadline as my studio/jam room won't be complete in time to get anything done. All my gear is packed up awaiting the move and my days are being spent putting the final touches on. Working on paint, trim, etc now. Still gotta tile and carpet. Electrician will hook up power soon and I'll have a deep ditch to fill, plus quite a bit of added fill and landscaping to do.
Next yr tho there will be recordings.

I swore I'd never go to outside help again for a cover , but I'm coming down with a sore throat now without the vocals for#1 even being finished.

Anyone that is willing to do a decent early Bono for me? Not a hard song actually from range pretty easy.

Otherwise it will just be going up without vocals since I always wanted to do the guitar for this.

I've got two silly Xmas songs in that i put together for a friend's annual compilation. All the furniture that gets moved for the xmas tree winds up in my recording space, so that's all I'm getting done.

I'm out unfortunately. :(

Only had vocals and mix left, but come down with a cold over the holidays so no chance of getting it finished in time. :embarrassed:
At worst I'll sit on it until the next time we do this as it's not a seasonal one.

Back