Recordingfest 2015

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
It dawned on me today that we I don't think we've done a RecordingFest since Jeremy passed away. We're heading into the end of 2015 and while I know that's a hectic time for everyone, I thought I'd check and see if anyone was interested in doing one. As far as a date, maybe have them to me by December 30th so I could post them on the 31st in a real 11th hour RecordingFest. Thoughts?

Shall we do a theme, or would we rather do a free-for-fall, just to get participation up?

I'm in. I don't think I've ever done one here, but I've got a lot of Christmas stuff to record and a lot of songs to demo.

Is playing well a requirement? If not I can try...I have more time now that I'm not working :thu:

If talent is required I'll pass :grin:

It sounds fun, but I am not aware of the format...what is involved...what is one attempting to produce?

It sounds fun, but I am not aware of the format...what is involved...what is one attempting to produce?
Record something without letting us know what it is (preferably), post it to a hosting site, send link to k-wak before the deadline, he posts them all together as a surprise.

Then we all give good natured critiques on the recordings. It doesn't have to be high quality, one takes, live clips from your band etc... are all welcome.

I'm in. Probably still going to have to be acoustic based on my lack of a bass now and being in an apartment.

I guess this means I need to load my recording software on my computer and hope Windows 10 does not muck it up.

I'm in. Probably still going to have to be acoustic based on my lack of a bass now and being in an apartment.

I guess this means I need to load my recording software on my computer and hope Windows 10 does not muck it up.
You could always ask someone to do the bass for you if it's not too complicated.

I also did quite a few entries using the pitch correction in Samplitude and setting it one octave down. Usually on a strat with a single coil you could barely even tell the difference. I used a bass amp plug in as well.

I guess I came back just in time. Count me in. I've been so stymied with my day gig that I have been letting the music thing languish a little and I was even dreaming about it. The wife has been using the studio the majority of the time for doing voiceover work (for which she is getting paid increasingly more). So we have a new audio interface. I'm thinking that we could definitely do a "surprise!" but I had almost more fun doing the white elephants project from a few years back. Maybe I'll even sing!

Back