Recording Fest Reveal #1

Thanks....I guess maybe EZMix let me down on that one...

I used the MT-Power Drumkit on it...seperated out the kick and snare and used EZMix algorithms on both, then ran the whole drum buss through one as well...somewhere in there I missed that "snap" being added...

I made some serious mistakes on it...I printed the effects right to the guitar tracks and the leads were way too "wet" to clean up...I acquired a direct box for future use so I can have a dry track to work with if my "live" tracks have issues...

I hate the sound of my voice...I processed the shit out of it through EZMix, added a "radio" effect to one side, then squashed the hell out of it with a Blockfish compressor...I need to either choose songs that I can sing in a lower register or just get over it and sing (hey, Kris Kristofferson does OK)...

Thanks for the tip...hopefully the next one comes out better, although I really am pretty pleased with it as a first attempt...could have been a hell of a lot worse...

Btw, invest in at least EZDrummer 2, it's well worth it. Toontrack has the vst drum thing cornered, and imo no other company comes close.
Dead easy to use, and much better sounds than any of the other softwares. Don't bother with the free ones.

No time for individual reviews, but I enjoyed them all.

Mine was just me and my Yammy, one side mic'd the other direct. I luckily got that done a while ago before the computer crash and my free time going to hell due to work and an impending visit from stateside. Thanks for the good reviews it's a song that resonates with me a lot since I'm over here and I had to get it out of me once.

Smurfco: cowboy goodness...great production, solid genre song

Jelloman: excellent guitar work...bring the vocals a little more out front...excellent job, very cool tune

Dexter Inferno: I dig a vibe electric piano and tasty bass tone...strong funk in rhythm, excellent production...solo tone is perfect...Man that was good

Gary B: trippin the light fantastique...sounds great...another great mix by sonic...awesome, Man

Knox in a Box: excellent job with acoustic recording...awesome guitar work...vocals are spot on...superb!

Smurfco- Shitkickin man. You got that Cali Country thing going on. Smurfco Parsons. Dig it.
Dexter Inferno-Jaw dropping. Nailed everything. Playing, vocs, production. Serious skills.
Jelloman- Great playing. Don't be so skeered of your voice.
Gary-Top notch as usual. I can tell your are in your element here. Awesome ambiance and production by Sonik. Cool video too!
Knox in Box-Don't see how anybody could cover that song any better. Great job.

Last edited:
Back