Recommendation, please

Man , I saw that and thought "How evil would that be for an April Fools joke in the house? Can you imagine the SO walkin in to see a WALL of f*ckin Marshalls? Priceless!!!!lol-049

When I was in high school I painted 3 marshall stacks on my bedroom wall. :embarrassed:

Thats a good sounding amp that has nothing to do with a real deluxe. I liked it at NAMM though.

Yeah, it could stand on it's own, but I guess the marketing clowns had to associate it with something classic and familiar.

Thats a good sounding amp that has nothing to do with a real deluxe. I liked it at NAMM though.
Yeah, it could stand on it's own, but I guess the marketing clowns had to associate it with something classic and familiar.
Isn't the Vibrato channel supposed to actually be a Silverface Deluxe circuit? I know it has a different speaker in it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Isn't the Vibrato channel supposed to actually be a Silverface Deluxe circuit? I know it has a different speaker in it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
IIRC the "normal channel" is the deluxe but it also goes through the reverb and tremolo circuits. The second channel now is supposed to be like a '59 Bassman although I don't know how accurate that is.

Because they reduced the global negative feedback and the Vibrato Channel (renamed the "Vintage" Channel) now has to share its mixer stage with the Normal channel, it definitely seems different than the traditional Deluxe Reverb Vibrato channel. Night and day? No. But not the same.

The Normal Channel (renamed the "Custom" Channel) is the Bassman channel, was design with more mids and has more gain and clipping because of that added mixer stage. I don;t think it actually copies any Bassman schematic, it was just voiced to seem more "Bassman-esque".

This was definitely designed more of a "rock" DR with less emphasis on cleans.

Reactions: Tig
Back