Recommend me an amp

So what’s the difference between the micro terror and the micro dark terror? Just the loop?
I havnt played the Dark, but from what I’ve read besides the effect loop it’s tone control is voiced differently. Some prefer it over the original. I’d have to play one to decide if I like it better than the original.

The shape knob on the micro dark is super useful. The micro dark has a little more bottom end than the micro terror. Either will do what you want but if you want to put some of your time based stuff in a loop then you’ll have to get the dark.

So what’s the difference between the micro terror and the micro dark terror? Just the loop?

IIRC, the Micro Dark has a bit more gain in tap, but also an effects loop.

The little Vox MVs are great IMO. Loved the AC version and matching cab I had.

So I went in a little different direction. Sweetwater is offering 0% interest for 48 months on some amps with their card so I pulled the trigger on the new Marshall Origin 50 combo. It has a 10 and a half watt option, perfect for home and 50 is more than I’ll ever need. It clocks in at 40 lbs, which is on the high end of what I wanted, but I could always swap the speaker with a Neo Creamback if I need it lighter. Only problem is they aren’t shipping until 4/20 :grin:

So I just listed my F-50 on Craigslist because I really don’t want to ship it and when that sells, I’ll probably snag a used Tiny Terror for my 2x12 cab for my Orange fix.

Last edited:
Change the shipping to the barn!

I'm hoping they say 4/20 but actually get them in sooner that way you are happy when it arrives before 4/20 :grin:

I'm now thinking I may change it to the 20 watt combo. I don't think I've ever turned my F50 past 9 o'clock so maybe 20 will be enough.

I bet they are nowhere near ready to ship in April. The mini jubilee was way late from the projected ship date.

We can hook them up stereo like a ghetto rocker 32!

My sales guy called this morning about the amp. I had him change it to the 20 watt. He said I will be in the first round of shipments and as of right now, they are pretty confident in the 4/20 ship date. I'm still not holding my breath though, but I am only an hour from Heel's so if it does come, I'll run home and get it :grin:

@Chad Given the phasey weird effects that you use, I really think that the best amp for you would be the Orange Rocker 32 even though it's a little more than your initial budget.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...rocker-32-30-watt-2x10-inch-stereo-tube-combo

It is basically two of the Tube driven Rocker 15's in a single cabinet with a pair of 10" speakers. The stereo effects return would take your ambient and delay sounds to a new level.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't read all 4 pages first. If the Marshall doesn't work out, consider the Orange 32.

@Chad Given the phasey weird effects that you use, I really think that the best amp for you would be the Orange Rocker 32 even though it's a little more than your initial budget.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...rocker-32-30-watt-2x10-inch-stereo-tube-combo

It is basically two of the Tube driven Rocker 15's in a single cabinet with a pair of 10" speakers. The stereo effects return would take your ambient and delay sounds to a new level.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't read all 4 pages first. If the Marshall doesn't work out, consider the Orange 32.

I'm probably going to buy a tiny terror as well to pair with my 2x12 cab. I'll probably end up with a stereo rig :grin:

BTW, I loved the 32. I had a couple of threads here about my trips to GC and testing amps. I would have dropped the extra coin on it, but the 50 lbs is a little much for me to lug out of the basement and across the street a couple times a month. Not too mention navigating the barn steps with it. I'm not as young as I used to be :grin:

Back