Recommend me a book to read on the plane

The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho. Perfect.
Sherlock Holmes collections.
If you work in an office, The Dilbert Principle.
The Hunt for Red October - Clancy

All gold.

sent from the eloydrummertablet.

Just finished that one a couple months ago - fantastic.

So far Watership Down is in the lead. Never read that one. It's about rabbits or something right?
Yes, as silly as it sounds, rabbits. They possess self awareness and language, but other than that it is just about rabbits looking for a new home.

One of the reasons I like it as an easy, fun read is that there is no deep meaning, no allegory, no symbolism. The author has stated many times that this is just a novel he put together from the many stories he made up to tell his young daughters on car trips.

Last edited:
Ready-Player-One-Review-Cover.png

Perfect airplane fodder. The Martian is amazing too if you haven't read it already.

I got two books - a new one called The Short Drop that Kindle recommended to me, and Ready Player One. I read the first one quickly, it was a mystery about a girl disappearing. It wasn't bad, especially for being the author's first book, but the ending was a bit of a letdown.

Ready Player One I'm about 2/3 of the way through and so far I love it. It's the best book I've read in a while and I'm completely engrossed in the story.

Ready Player One was total indulgent nerd bullshit, but in the best possible way. Like chili cheese fries with lots of melted orange goo - you know it's not really _good_, but it's still kinda awesome and totally enjoyable.

Damn, too bad I didn't stumble across this thread a week or more ago; I'm an inveterate book recommender.

Back