Recent Fender Offset Series

Peen Simmons

Let’s Get Obtuse!
If, let's say, you were equally torn between a ss duo sonic and an ss mustang, which would you pick?

You know, for scientific purposes.

Neither, because I am a giant and they would look silly on me.

It's funny. While Mustangs are short in scale length, their bodies are actually longer than a Strat. You can't put a Mustang in a Strat case, you need one that is longer. A strat is a tad wider.
mustang.PNG

Squier Bullet Mustang HH. Because H.

Unless you're dead set on plinking something with a bridge that doesn't actually work I guess.

Tough call...
outside of a Strat and Tele I'm not really a fan of Fender products.
I'd probably lean toward a Mustang if I had to choose.

It's funny. While Mustangs are short in scale length, their bodies are actually longer than a Strat. You can't put a Mustang in a Strat case, you need one that is longer. A strat is a tad wider.View attachment 35149

Actually if you go upper horn to butt, they're about the same length. It is clear, however, that they are differently proportioned. But that doesn't account for the headstock or overall length...I was just focusing on the body. A slightly smaller traditional Strat headstock would have been a better look and fit to my eyes.

Actually if you go upper horn to butt.

You never go upper horn to butt.

(Duosonic, for the very mature reason that the orange makes me misty. If I were really choosing, I think I'd ask myself if rosewood was important, and try to have a listen to those p90's.

Mustang.

Just before I let the US I helped a friend get a guitar set up for his 11 year old son. He wanted to get something good that the kid could grow into, and had a budget around a grand. Kid had already done some acoustic lessons and wanted to move on to electric. I went to the local GC with them and helped them test stuff out. They eventually picked out a black MIM mustang and a GT40 amp. The mustang was on sale at the time and was like 399. It was a hell of a guitar for that price and it played really well. I don't particularly care for short scale fender guitars, but this one was really nice. It was so nice I considered getting one for myself.

Alright. I've played examples of them all. They're all pretty sweet. Now just deciding if I should get one of these or get something less redundant like a Godin 5th Ave Kingpin or an electric 12. I've got a G&L ASAT and a Les Paul. I'm pretty sure one of these swanky little offsets ain't gonna add that new of a sound to my mix. Hmm.

Back