RE: Jaxn's New Banjo and the balance of banjos at MWGF

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
@baimun
1385032_10152914097824393_6647512280043531763_n.jpg

Reactions: Tig
I know Blanchard, Eloy, Lino, and now Jaxn all own banjos. I would like to get one someday, but it's at least 3rd or 4th on my list.

I have a student-level 5-string, but I've never really connected with it.

I'd like one of these 4-string cello range banjos, though.

I'm having a lot of fun with mine. The banjo rolls and the high G at the top are really challenging. It's so tricky wrapping by brain around a high note on the top.

Sometimes I feel bad for my mother-in-law who is staying with us right now. She has to hear new doing these licks over and over. But then I remember any disincentive for her to stay with us is a good thing.

I'm having a lot of fun with mine. The banjo rolls and the high G at the top are really challenging. It's so tricky wrapping by brain around a high note on the top.

Sometimes I feel bad for my mother-in-law who is staying with us right now. She has to hear new doing these licks over and over. But then I remember any disincentive for her to stay with us is a good thing.

You can buy banjo mutes, which are great if you're playing repetitive exercises, or if anyone is sleeping. They're inexpensive, and well worth it.

Are you using fingerpicks? If so, how's that working out for you?

You can buy banjo mutes, which are great if you're playing repetitive exercises, or if anyone is sleeping. They're inexpensive, and well worth it.

Are you using fingerpicks? If so, how's that working out for you?

I am. Since I finger prick most of the time on the guitar, anyway, it's just so much more natural to do it without the finger picks. But I know that that's something you really got to do for bluegrass. It's going a lot better with the metal ones. Still a little clumsy, but I'm getting there. The plastic ones are like wearing a thick condom.

I am. Since I finger prick most of the time on the guitar, anyway, it's just so much more natural to do it without the finger picks. But I know that that's something you really got to do for bluegrass. It's going a lot better with the metal ones. Still a little clumsy, but I'm getting there. The plastic ones are like wearing a thick condom.

I too love to play guitar with my fingers but playing Mando forced me to experiment with picks again. It has helped me to improve in right hand development and soon some flatpicking.

I know Blanchard, Eloy, Lino, and now Jaxn all own banjos. I would like to get one someday, but it's at least 3rd or 4th on my list.

I have one too, but I rarely play it. I thought I was going to get really into it, but it never clicked with me. Mandolin on the other hand gets played more than my guitars right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a beautiful Iida that I traded for a Gibson ES 125 and wish I had kept it. I learned about 20 tunes including Foggy Mountain Breakdown, which is fun as hell to play. I'd practice in the garage with a mute, because they can be loud. I'll get another some day.

Back