2. The Incredible Hulk
3. Iron Man 2
4. Thor
5. Captain America: The First Avenger
6. The Avengers
7. Iron Man 3
8. Thor: The Dark World
9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

I'm glad they've started using titles instead of simple numbers. They didn't use numbers in front of all the James Bond movies.

Pick your top 3 and we might get a decent ranking.

BTW.... I'm posting this because Captain America: The Winter Soldier is flat out my favorite Marvel movie released so far, and that's difficult for me to admit because Cap isn't even one of my favorite characters. Hulk is probably my favorite of the Avengers characters but I wouldn't even put his solo movie in my top 3 (they got him perfect in the Avengers though). CA:TWS just nails the Jason Bourne type spy vs. spy stuff with the characters and environment of S.H.I.E.L.D. :baimun:

Agree with you re: Hulk. Haven't seen Thor 2 or Cap 2 yet, but I think they've all been pretty good so far :cool:

I enjoyed most off them. The exceptions being the Thor movies (awful), Ironman 3, and The Hulk. If I had to choose I think Cpt. America, and The Avengers where my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't seen the new CA movie yet. I really liked the Edward Norton Hulk movie, and didn't like Ruffalo Hulk in Avengers. Or rather, I like the Edward Norton Bruce Banner more than Ruffalo's. It's possible that I'm over-liking it because it wasn't well received, or that it was so much better than the Ang Lee Hulk.

Haven't seen the new CA movie yet. I really liked the Edward Norton Hulk movie, and didn't like Ruffalo Hulk in Avengers. Or rather, I like the Edward Norton Bruce Banner more than Ruffalo's. It's possible that I'm over-liking it because it wasn't well received, or that it was so much better than the Ang Lee Hulk.
Ed Norton was great. I really liked that movie

Ed Norton was great. I really liked that movie
I think I saw it right after reading the comic it was visually based on, without realizing that they drew Banner to look like Norton. So it just seemed like an out-of-the-park casting move. Plus, I will never not love Liv.

For me it was Iron Man 1, Avengers, Captain America.

Still need to see Thor 2 and Cap 2

See, I loved Ruffalo as Banner. I'm not a comic book guy, but as far as the movie went I thought he was perfect. I just can't see Norton being that guy. He'll always be the narrator from Fight Club first and foremost for me. :embarrassed:

Not being a comic nerd (just a regular nerd :embarrassed: ) the only one I truly enjoyed was Iron Man. The rest of them haven't been bad by any means, but they haven't grabbed my attention, either.

I thought Avengers was way too busy, too many sub plots, and the huge end fight was too CGI. It lost my interest and I ended up only somewhat watching it, while surfing the web at the same time.

The Hulk movie had a much better story line than the Ang Lee version, but horrible, horrible CGI for Hulk. I actually thought Ang Lee did a much better job representing the character on-screen.

I really liked the first Thor and Captain America movies, the latest ones were disappointing. The whole Iron Man trilogy is overrated IMHO, and the 3rd one is just plain bad. The Avengers was great all round :thu:

EDIT: I watched the new Thor and Captain America movies within the last couple of months and I honestly couldn't tell you what they about. I can barely recall a single scene.

Last edited:
The original Iron Man was fresh at the time, but Marvel Studios ran the formula to the ground over the course of half a decade. The Winter Soldier is the first breath of fresh air out of the Marvel camp since then.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

A wide margin and then:
Iron Man
Captain America: The First Avenger

The rest are pretty lousy, especially IM3.

Last edited:
I haven't seen Winter Soldier yet, so for me it's:
1. The First Avenger (surprising, considering I was never a big Cap fan)
2. The Avengers
3. Iron Man

I've liked all of them. I need to watch them all again in which case this list would probably change but off the top of my head:

1) Avengers
2) Captain America - Winter Soldier
3) Incredible Hulk

Back