random restaurant review thread

Theodore

I gotta move
Disappointed. I've been here 2 years ago and I liked it. The music was great and everybody spoke Russian. Now they speak Ukrainian only And sing weird Ukrainian songs. Even my friends from Ukraine said that music was bad. The guy who plays saksofon was amazing! There's a lot of people in Chicago from different parts of ex USSR and we don't understand Ukrainian, why they purposely don't speak Russian, I don't know... On top of that the food wasn't great either, very greasy and fried, tons of mayo in every dish... They are losing clients. We will not come back.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Z...w!3m1!1s0x880fc57bfead55cf:0x2c0f74a5163c78d6

I wouldn't even give this a star but review wont go through unless you do...... COMPLETELY OVEEPRICED for portions/presentation. Lazy service. VERY bummed. Been wanting to come here for a long time. Chicken was so overdone it felt like chewing on rubber and tasted like cardboard. I told the waiter how I felt and he didn't even offer to take anything off the menu or I don't know just try to make us feel better, just acted like it was normal. won't be coming back here anytime soon and you're better off heading to Dennys/Village Inn/IHOP.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...!3d32.2363931!4d-110.9286157!9m1!1b1?hl=en-US

They've got mice.

Lots, and lots, and lots of mice.

Sure they have beer. They even hosted the California Release Party for Founders Brewing.

But,

if you go in the evening you're able to see the shadows cast by the numerous mice running past the lights on the patio.

It smells awful there. I looked at the reviews as we were there to see if anyone else commented on it. No, but I did see that it had an 86 out of 100 health inspection score. So that may be why. Disgusting. We left after I saw that. McD's keeps cleaner business. Go somewhere else.

This place rules. If you're afraid to shit in a public bathroom, you shouldn't come here.

That reminds me, I need a beer.

This place has really weird camera rules, they hate it when you take pictures- explanation being it could be of a teacher.
My friend walked into the bathroom and there was human shit on the floor and she got shit on her shoe and seemed to be the only person disgusted by this (and hey this isn't on Zeitgeist but on Floorshitter whomever he might be)
I like the outdoor seating, I like that you can smoke, I like pitchers of beer, I like there grilled cheese and when I have zantac I like their bloody marys.

Loses one star because the bartender in the tophat and glasses is a DICK. Did you really just talk shit about me to the other bartender right in front of my face cause I ordered a beer you don't have?? Sorry you're in your late thirties and a bartender but don't take it out on me. YOU ARE A LOSER.

• stars.png

8/23/2009
    What a waste of a great bar. The location, the outdoor-patio environment, the jukebox, the food and beer--this kind of combo is what SHOULD be the best bar in the city. I even love the fact they're cash only--it keeps things simple and could potentially keep Marina people out, which sounds good to me.

Back in the day, when I lived here before I moved away, Zeits was one of the best. Now, after four years being away, I've returned to the city, only to find that my favorite bar has been poisoned by fascist bouncers with coke addictions and insecurity issues--so much so they take it out on the customers....

During my last visit, I was there on a beautiful day with a large group of people--we had spent the day at the park for my friend Nikki's bday party...When some girl I hardly knew that was with our large group took a photo with others who were in the patio, this bouncer who looked like he wanted to commit suicide screamed at us all to leave. By his reaction, you would have thought she tried to start a fight or cussed him out or something. While I realize rules are rules, I couldn't believe the way this bouncer exploded. Have another line, guy.

While some people stayed to argue with him, I just left. I had seen enough that day to know that like Rome, like the Yankees, like everything that matters, this place has been lost to assholes who have ruined its authenticity. Who runs this place now???

I reiterated this story to a friend of mine who had a similar experience. When I told her what happened, she said she got thrown out for having a forgotten-about beer at the bottom of her bag role out into the patio, a sealed bottle from hours before at the park. Despite the fact that she knew many of the bouncers and regulars, they threw her out anyway! I guess when she stuck up for herself and explained she hadn't intentionally "sneaked" in anything, especially a 6 dollar beer in a place where she can get better cheaper beer, ANOTHER bouncer cussed her out and called her a cunt. Nice.

Word has it the whole place is miserable and on drugs. I'd rather give my money to a place with a better vibe, and there are plenty of places in the Mission and TL that are friendly with good sounds coming from the jukebox. If I want to drink outdoors, I'll go to the park.

Hopefully Zeits gets their shit together--they're either gonna get sued or set on fire.

Was this review …?
      • 5 friends
      • 24 reviews
      • 168s.jpg
      • 168s.jpg

Follow Matt O.
1.0 star rating 2/6/2016
Pizza had no taste whatsoever. The cat that stole rancid chicken from the trash wouldn't even eat it. Chicken fingers were disturbing visually and completely void of flavor. The cat wouldn't eat those either. What the hell am I going to feed the cat now?

He is dying

help

I'll have to check with my Russophone friends re: these places. I'm sure they've been and been disappointed. Because being disappointed seems to be the Eastern European way.

Back