RA-090 Dreadnought Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Guitar Natural - Today's Price $74.99 - Reg...

I had one of those 10 years ago, and, for the price, it was a decent guitar. I had good acoustic tone and the electronics worked well. Not a bad beater that you can plug in when needed.

Sounds like a quality instrument.

...guitar with laminate whitewood body and top finished off by a natural gloss to keep it in peak condition for years. Other features include a single cutaway, nato C-shaped neck, simulated rosewood fingerboard, simulated belly bridge and an ivory color plastic saddle and nut.

Because everybody knows that whitewood combined with an ivory color plastic nut is where it's at. :thu:

Kidding aside, how can they build, package and ship that guitar for $75 and still make a profit? I'm sure it's playable and probably a much better newbie guitar than what used to be available at twice the price.

As I say, it wasn't a quality guitar, but was easily ten times better that the $15 guitar (new) that I learned on in 1966. If I didn't already have two office guitars, I would consider this again.

Kidding aside, how can they build, package and ship that guitar for $75 and still make a profit? I'm sure it's playable and probably a much better newbie guitar than what used to be available at twice the price.

Automation, unfiled fret ends, and high action. And it's probably a generic model sold worldwide under a hundred names. So they make a thousand a day and only change the headstock inlay. The labor is done by the newest recruits who get paid the least.

Automation, unfiled fret ends, and high action. And it's probably a generic model sold worldwide under a hundred names. So they make a thousand a day and only change the headstock inlay. The labor is done by the newest recruits who get paid the least.
Plus, since it's a SDOTD I'm sure there's no profit here. MF probably just wants to get rid of their inventory.

Back