Quilter Tone Block 200

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
So after owning one for a few months, I am really satified with what I can do with this little baby. On some gigs I use it as primary amp and on others, a backup.

With Sideways Down, I have been sitting in with them enough that I am like a 5th member - use to 4th until they got a keyboardist. I found using the Quilter in this situation perfect when paired with my Mesa Boogie Cabs.

QuilterBoogie Rig - S.jpg

I have also used it recently with Sideways Down at the The Hangar feeding a Marshall 4x12 1960AV Slant Cab and

Quilter - S.jpg

Last night I used a single Boogie cab with the Quilter and my Howard Roberts Fusion. Sadly I forgot my pedalboard but keep a single drive pedal (Danelectro ) in my truck as a backup. With no board and only a single pedal on hand, I played mostly clean last night except for a few solos, the song Smooth and the outro on Chicago's Beginnings. Damn this son of a bitch sounds great with the Fusion.

Will I go fully SS since I dig my Quilter? No - this amp works great for certain types of music such as Jazz, R&B, 70's rock, and certaing types of blues. I will always be a tube amp fan and user as tubes have that beautiful glass sound that I love for playing all of the genres. It just that tubes are not as consistant for certain gigs.

Looks easy to move.

If you had to say, sounds like a Marshall, Fender, Vox, which one?

Looks easy to move.

If you had to say, sounds like a Marshall, Fender, Vox, which one?

Marshall meets Fender. The tone shaping control really changes things along with the preamp. It is very different from othe SS amps I have played around with before.

It is as the amp is only about 4lbs

Back