Putting your money where your mouth is.

I can not comprehend why they do that. Is their database server just fucked?

They're on an old version of vBulletin that works for them. They maintain it, but that's part of it. Those super huge threads on HC were a big part of the cluster that place became. TGP keeps it at bay.

They're on an old version of vBulletin that works for them. They maintain it, but that's part of it. Those super huge threads on HC were a big part of the cluster that place became. TGP keeps it at bay.
Yeah, but HardForum.com was running that same version of vB and even then they had the ORIGINAL Funny Picture Thread in General Mayhem that hit something like 20K posts. The only reason that one went away is that Steve, the news guy, was playing dressup and tripped over the server.

man_bra.jpg

Hey Guys,
I'm sorry to be chiming in so late but I must warn all you fellow gear nerds to stay away from Vertex effects and pedalboard services. Mason is not truthful nor is his work good or in most cases his own. He had me on his site without permission as a user and happy customer. I am/was neither happy nor do I use any of his products. My pedalboard sounded awful, took tons of gain away, and added a huge ground hum. It also cost $1400 and that was after I pitched a fit when the $2000 bill came to my tour manager all the while seeing unauthorized You Tube videos of my " new rig" a rig I never tried nor signed off on. Fortunately Dave Friedman at Rack Systems came in and saved the day for $400. All I wanted and asked for was to have some cables cut to size. I didn't want to waste Dave's time so I gave it to Mason. BIG MISTAKE.... I am very disturbed by his actions and have heard recently that he has been called out on some Wah Wah pedal stuff. Bad News Bear that cat is unfortunately.

So... In closing...
Just trying to keep my fellow guitar nerds from getting ripped off like I was.

Caveat Emptor
Joe Bonamassa.

http://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?pid=323525#p323525

I think that the situation with the Belden cables that he sold are worse off than the wahs. Either way it was unethical with no declaration.

He also blatantly lied about the cables when asked direct questions in other threads so there's a lot more to this than errors of omission as some of his apology seems to imply...so yeah, plenty of bad juju.

It doesn't excuse unethical behavior but sometimes it seems like guitarists are really ripe for the picking; so many guys are so incredibly gear obsessed, constantly jumping on the next thing to purchase great tone or paying to take their playing to the next level. TGP is often the epicenter of the hype-machine. It's really not surprising to see another swindler come down the road and try to exploit that angle.

It doesn't excuse unethical behavior but sometimes it seems like guitarists are really ripe for the picking; so many guys are so incredibly gear obsessed, constantly jumping on the next thing to purchase great tone or paying to take their playing to the next level. TGP is often the epicenter of the hype-machine. It's really not surprising to see another swindler come down the road and try to exploit that angle.

Agreed!

I have an account on TGP only because my friend in England asked me to check out a Tele he bought from someone on the forum. When I cruised that forum, I did not care for what I saw and bailed. While I too am somewhat gear obsessed (but I don't flip), I will research and try before I commit. It helps that I build some of my gear as well as repair otherwise I too could get caught up in the charlatan activities.

Hey Guys,
I'm sorry to be chiming in so late but I must warn all you fellow gear nerds to stay away from Vertex effects and pedalboard services. Mason is not truthful nor is his work good or in most cases his own. He had me on his site without permission as a user and happy customer. I am/was neither happy nor do I use any of his products. My pedalboard sounded awful, took tons of gain away, and added a huge ground hum. It also cost $1400 and that was after I pitched a fit when the $2000 bill came to my tour manager all the while seeing unauthorized You Tube videos of my " new rig" a rig I never tried nor signed off on. Fortunately Dave Friedman at Rack Systems came in and saved the day for $400. All I wanted and asked for was to have some cables cut to size. I didn't want to waste Dave's time so I gave it to Mason. BIG MISTAKE.... I am very disturbed by his actions and have heard recently that he has been called out on some Wah Wah pedal stuff. Bad News Bear that cat is unfortunately.

So... In closing...
Just trying to keep my fellow guitar nerds from getting ripped off like I was.

Caveat Emptor
Joe Bonamassa.

http://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?pid=323525#p323525
Yikes.

well, except for all the counterfeiters. :embarrassed:
Well, true... But I understood your point of not even buying the real deal from legit dealers. Me, neither, unless they sack Henry J and drop him in a forest of trees he formerly illegally cut down.

I didn't see this thread when it was originally started. I find this whole Vertex fiasco fascinating. A few years ago, while I was living in LA and was involved in banking/business finance, I worked with the guys at BBE Sound. Great group of guys. John McLaren, CEO, was very friendly and quite interesting. As was his son David McLaren, EVP. They took me out to lunch and treated me like a high level executive, which I am not. Actually, I liked everybody I met at BBE Sound.

I was given a tour of both the BBE Sound warehouse and the G&L Guitar factory. Not very often does my real world job involve guitars and gear! Leo Fender's office at the G&L factory has remained untouched and is just as Leo left it. It was a thrill to see where such a legend tinkered and came up with his designs.

Back