Purge

Angry Troll sold.

And thank you to the guy from LA who lowballed me on my listing, and then wouldn't increase his price after countering my counter offer. It sold for full asking price to some dude in Northern CA with more money than you. :tongue:

I've actually countered with a higher than asking price when someone has really lowballed my listing.

I've actually countered with a higher than asking price when someone has really lowballed my listing.

He did what I do. Reverb will automatically reject anyone who offers less than 65% of the listing price. So he offered just slightly more than that, which is how I bid too. Sometimes, I get lucky and people actually sell to me. Most times I get rejected. I'm fine with that.

I would have sold to this guy if he had accepted my second counter or even increased his offer to meet me in the middle. Instead, he stood pat on his counter. So I rejected him.

He did what I do. Reverb will automatically reject anyone who offers less than 65% of the listing price. So he offered just slightly more than that, which is how I bid too. Sometimes, I get lucky and people actually sell to me. Most times I get rejected. I'm fine with that.

I would have sold to this guy if he had accepted my second counter or even increased his offer to meet me in the middle. Instead, he stood pat on his counter. So I rejected him.

Usually now, I just reject lowball offers. If they want it, they will send in a new one. If I'm in a particularly good mood, I'll counter higer :grin:

Usually now, I just reject lowball offers. If they want it, they will send in a new one. If I'm in a particularly good mood, I'll counter higer :grin:

JCLdMDveAn.png

I don't mind somebody trying to get a low price as long as it's not ridiculous.
Whenever I pat something on Reverb I expect that there will be negotiations.

I don't mind somebody trying to get a low price as long as it's not ridiculous.
Whenever I pat something on Reverb I expect that there will be negotiations.

Sure, but when you stop negotiating, I'm just going to reject you. That goes for buying too. If there's one thing I learned from Bbreaker, he of terrible quality guitar pics, it's that, "you make your money when you buy, not when you sell."

Best NYC transaction ever. Sold the Boss comp to a guy in Brooklyn, handed it to him at the subway turnstile so I didn't have to pay another fare, and got back on the next train. :grin:

I've never had one that good, but I did meet a guy at his office once. The office was right next to a 5 Guys and it was lunch time, so I took the cash and bought myself lunch :grin:

Back