Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, or Pecan?

DFB

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Of these 3 pies,which is your favorite for Turkey Day?

I am going with sweet 'tater. Pecan is a very close second.

Pumpkin is my fave, when done right it's unusual flavor and unctuous texture are unbeatable.

This year though we had pecan and it was tasty.

You failed to list Sweet Potato Pecan pie as an option. Paul Prudhomme's recipe is delicious.

Pumpkin, hands down!
We have a great pumpkin pie recipe that has cream cheese in it. It's almost like a pumpkin cheesecake. Delicious, delicious!

The only pecan pie I've ever had is the one my mother makes for Thanksgiving. It's OK, but definitely behind apple and pumpkin. I think I've only had sweet potato pie once, and it tasted a lot like pumpkin.

Pumpkin.

The tricky part is making sure you get a fresh baking pumpkin in October, because by the time Thanksgiving and Christmas roll around there are no more fresh pumpkins. Prep it and freeze until needed.

Or you can buy canned pumpkin, in which case I'll take the pecan pie.

I usually make a pumpkin pie (this year, I added a pecan praline topping) and a meyer lemon pie. I prefer the lemon after a big meal, because it's sort of cleansing on the palate and the perfect accompaniment to a black coffee. I used to bring a kahlua pecan pie, but the philistines where we celebrate Thanksgiving didn't appreciate it...

All three :)

Pumpkin and Sweet Potato pies are pretty close, taste-wise. There is a difference, but I bet I could give a slice of sweet potato pie to someone and tell them it's pumpkin, and most people wouldn't think otherwise :embarrassed:

I love a good pecan pie too :)

My mom makes a lovely rhubarb-raisin pie that's my absolute favorite. I'm a huge chocoholic, but I'd rather have rhubarb-raisin pie than chocolate cake. In fact my mom has made me the rhubarb-raisin pie instead of a cake my past couple of birthdays :) The recipe was my grandma's (my dad's mom) and my mom learned how to make it.

I really need to write the recipe down one of these days, my mom is almost 78, and you never know…… :(

Back