Psa... $31 guitar case

Uh, that review is for a different case. That is the Les Paul type case, the $31 one is the strat/tele type case.
Hmmm....it showed up in the list of reviews from Mystix's original post. Maybe Amazon lumps them all together? I dunno. :shrug:

Edit: On further review, it appears there are 3 types: Electric, Pro Strat & Tele, and Pro LP. The one that was on sale is the generic "Electric". So I guess we're all taking a $30 gamble.

Hmmm....it showed up in the list of reviews from Mystix's original post. Maybe Amazon lumps them all together? I dunno. :shrug:

Edit: On further review, it appears there are 3 types: Electric, Pro Strat & Tele, and Pro LP. The one that was on sale is the generic "Electric". So I guess we're all taking a $30 gamble.
Yeah, the only reason I realized the review was for the wrong case was the photo. That is a very confusing way to post the reviews as you may not know which case is being reviewed. I love Amazon, but they are strange at times.

Jealous of the peeps getting theirs on Saturday. Mine still says, "we need a little more time to give you a delivery date".

So I got home from my Strawberry festival gig and found the box on the porch. I must say I was impressed. It is not a case I would use for taking the guitar on a plane, but it is an excellent case for taking the electric to gigs. It was nicely made, and the Summer of Love guitar fits perfectly inside. Much better that the gig bag I had been using.
Guitar in case.jpg

Thanks to John I now have both the guitar and a case!

Mine came in Saturday. It's a decent case, well worth the $31 IMO. The walls are thin and the latch hardware is a bit flimsy, but it'll do. I don't think it'd hold up if you tried to use it for a constant gig schedule, but for the occasional outing I think it's fine. It is about 1 1/2" - 2" taller than my SKB Strat/Tele case. I bought it hoping my oddball guitar (FirstAct Sheena) would fit. This guitar is a tad wide on the bottom and has a fairly large, tilted back, headstock. It's nice and snug around the body with an inch or so to spare on the headstock (I wish it was that much shorter). Deep enough that the neck support bar keeps the angled headstock from hitting the bottom of the case, so the $31 gamble paid off for me.

zjN_3FNhcx3HQJ8PKK0X9OE90nzMxKc3tkzcNvBC_cwq79wU31iqwYkziRqPEgaeUKcA1ZpAi7KpqaNSKGkUWTSECg7SeaHzelCigaIExjWDUXlELSMse61kLMOvQFgvYW9zwrDwkA9d2FUW8gK7Xuy22POfIldGEgBidP7bezTyLVXV1Jd84YtqD5pg4PeZ5vCohPziUdxCS8mqjVxh_rEwlnsvA_RyLnKwuO76Ti00beXJeozCOJhznp6Q-hU5IIVYlpA5QlX7X7Ngr1_lbjC20jeAEisr6YdRcFc7ZmmhfsDZD-zebNp10quqHwZ6w3ffFiry03PzO0BeUFkogH-zrooFZkTHw1LyFTEAhiMWL5rv7JVbeCeHO0Beztn8Bv3hMX3va6j77ss3F2NLZqAdJgq7OdK4lSjxKBrKoRrEKbFQZ22oPM3vnRmmdp9hmUCBB3pT4Hny4YriIRhKPQjtKo7MoHpDYQNnDff02t3uxbzPechlHD9P-wMMlyrXJiK5pB4E6q6NJ2CKRgFNS3a-30GrPvwG0oZS60RDPQdGqiw-cIaiScE9EVbsuq_uRo_M1dNmpgKrhs6gjLVyhxvdATIxgwCuoZNA0wLUt3XAkmoMaVlD=w1104-h828-no

Last edited:

LPs have thicker bodies and tilt back headstocks. If there's not enough neck support, or if the tip of the headstock touches the case then you will open the case to a broken guitar.

The case should match the investment. A $30 is fine for a $500 guitar... But if you have a $3000 guitar, for Odin's sake, PLEASE get a decent Mono, SKB, or similar case.

Mine arrived today. The case is fine for a Tele or Strat. I wanted to try it with my LP jr and because of the headstock being on an angle, it's not a good fit. Still a good deal for my Fenders.

So I got home from my Strawberry festival gig and found the box on the porch. I must say I was impressed. It is not a case I would use for taking the guitar on a plane, but it is an excellent case for taking the electric to gigs. It was nicely made, and the Summer of Love guitar fits perfectly inside. Much better that the gig bag I had been using.
View attachment 34538

Thanks to John I now have both the guitar and a case!

glad you like it!!! that vintage looks great!!!

Back