PS4 or xbox one?

jbj

Poor old Geordie's array...
Wedding planning is ramping up and the good lady is now attempting to make design decisions re: the redecorating of MY house :embarrassed: so I suppose I better step up the frivolous purchases and I quite fancy a next gen console having seen what's coming up.

I've not had a playstation since my sister had a chipped PS1 - I had an xbox and now have a 360 so if I'd just to go out and buy something, I'd go for an xbox one

but you guys know better than me so what's the pros and cons of both...

As an aside (and I'm sure if it's in the pipeworks it'll be a multi platform release) but is there any chat of a next gen fight night on the cards?

If you've got an xbox 360, the Xbox one is a no brainer as they're adding support for a load of the old games so you've already got a catalogue to use.

I was always a PS guy, but went for the Xbox One as I had a couple of friends who had them and play online. A lot of games are going towards online multiplayer it seems. PlayStation used to have more games and exclusives, but I think that's probably evened by now.

Our XBOX ONE has been a stylish $1,000 paper weight since we bought it at it's release (along with extra controllers Yada Yada Yada).

Meanwhile, we have two PS4 units that are in constant use, along with the XBOX 360.

k why ps4? I'm not a hardcore gamer and my nights of spending hours on cod online are over....

k why ps4? I'm not a hardcore gamer and my nights of spending hours on cod online are over....
I honestly couldn't tell you. I'm no gamer either. I have 3 teenage boys who are though, and a 12 year old daughter that plays her share too.

None of them ever touch the XBOX ONE. Ever.

I dicked with it when we got it, the interface was shit, the TV pass through feature was total shit, it can't act as a media hub/player like its predecessor could... just seems far more limited and gimmicky than the 360. Failed execution. Total role reversal. By all accounts it is more capable hardware wise than the PS4, but still not as functional. The exact opposite of the PS3 vs 360.

I have a 360, as well as a PS3/4, Wii, and all my old Nintendo consoles, original Xbox, 3DS, etc. The PS4 has better exclusives, especially if you're not interested in racking up kills in COD. It's far friendlier to indie developers and cross-platform games are far more polished on the PS4 with regard to both graphics, interface, and control.

Reactions: Tig
sheldonamy.jpg

I'm not a gamer, so I can't speak to which platform is better for adults. My son (age 10) has an Xbox One (first game console after the Wii he inherited from his older sister). He loves playing it, and most of his friends have Xbox rather than PS4. He loves the FIFA soccer, Madden (US football) and NHL games. Minecraft, too. The Forza racing game looks really cool on the big HD TV screen. I should try that sometime.

I don't let him play any first-person shooter games or violent games, but there seems to be plenty of adult-oriented games for Xbox.

Probably the biggest pro-PS4 position is a little franchise called Uncharted. It's an exclusive and the first three entries were among the best of the last gen, and a new one is due out soon. And The Last of Us; dear god that was an EXPERIENCE.

I've had my PS4 since x-mas, and the biggest hassle to me is the way it manages all the separate accounts, connecting the controllers to a separate account, managing the sub-accounts and their various age-based restrictions for my kid, etc. I know it's because of the online and social media aspect of gaming these days but it's a PITA.

I play mostly on PC, and have both PS4 and Xbone for the exclusives to each and games that come to both but not PC. The PS4 has more overall power, so when it gets later in the console gen it should be able to run the newer games with better resolution or framerate. I personally like how the Xbox One physically looks better, especially the white one I have, and also like the Xbone controller over the PS4 controller, but that's only something you'll know when you try them. I'd look at what games are coming to each console exclusively and choose off that.

Right gang I'm going for an xbox - I've had the original and a 360 so it's not going to be too much hassle to work my way around (I've seen a ps3 and 4 in action and not had a clue what half of it does) plus the backwards compatibility will be cool.

Anyhoo I've found a few bundles - one with FIFA and Forza 6 and one with Assassin's Creed Syndicate and Call of Duty Ghosts.

Thoughts?

Came across a slightly more expensive bundle with FIFA and fallout 4.

I'm thinking it'll be that one or the fifa and forza one.

Or I could get the FIFA and Forza bundle then just buy fallout 4 for an extra tenner than the fallout bundle!

Reactions: OGG
Back