PRS SE Standards

Cool. I avoided the SE line for years, but around the holidays last year, I snapped and bought a Bernie Marsden SE signature model on a whim. The damn thing is an amazing playing and sounding guitar. It really is an amazing bargain in the guitar world, and I suspect this is true for other SE guitars.

They need to hire a better copywriter. Whoever wrote that doesn’t know what “price point” means and used it as a synonym for “price range”, which was used correctly in the first sentence.

Anyway, I might pick up the 245 during the xmas Sam Ash sale. A solid mahogany singlecut would be great for doom.

Those guys get paid to sell guitars. Why should I believe them?

Yet, they pooped all over the Vox Night Train G2...

While I know they are paid to sell guitars, have seen enough of their reviews to know when they "like" something, as opposed to when they LIKE something.

Last edited:
I owned an SE for awhile. Really liked the quality and the feel. Did not like the pickups and didn't want to sink any cash into it so I sold it. The Santana models have better pickups from what I have been told....maybe some of the other sig models. I have not tried their soapbars in the SE yet though.

This is pretty hot...

straight1.jpg

Back