• Weber Q3200

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wever Spirit E-210

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other???

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
Nope -- just for at home.

The cooking surface is just too small then. We have a Coleman fold up grill for traveling camping and such. That's about all it's good for.

Either the bigger Weber that you show or some kind of deep kettle will get you started. I have a plug in hoop for starting the charcoal. Quick and easy.

Charcoal for me. I love the flavor my meat gets when cooked over mesquite charcoal. I use lighter fluid to light it, and I don't taste that at all in my meat (I wait until all the brick are grey before I put anything on to cook).
i think some of the 'lighter fluid' taste is when people use pre-soaked charcoal (kinsford, etc.), and so it never stops putting out that smell. at least that was what i found.
real, plain chunk charcoal smells and tastes totally different.

Personally I would go with gas. I'm not a beer snob, wine snob, cigar snob so I won't be a BBQ snob. If I was cooking for judges and had all day I'd use the lump coal mentioned in previous posts. But there is no other convenience then walking out the back door, turning on a knob and instant cooking. That has a high rating over the lengthy process of dealing with charcoal in my opinion.

original.jpg

Personally I would go with gas. I'm not a beer snob, wine snob, cigar snob so I won't be a BBQ snob.

Life is too short not to embrace Epicureanism, 12Pack. Stoicism is simply an effective pacifier for the slaves, soldiers, and other poor plebs. Ask more from your booze. Demand that it be better. You deserve it.

Personally I would go with gas. I'm not a beer snob, wine snob, cigar snob so I won't be a BBQ snob. If I was cooking for judges and had all day I'd use the lump coal mentioned in previous posts. But there is no other convenience then walking out the back door, turning on a knob and instant cooking. That has a high rating over the lengthy process of dealing with charcoal in my opinion.
Why bother even going outside? Just toss it in the microwave. Faster than gasthwap0

Depends....

Propane is just easier to fire and go meanwhile coals have flavor. As I have gotten older, I went with propane for ease of use

But that reduces beer drinking time while grilling. That is UNAMERICAN!

Yep.

Gas for Weekdays or Hotdogs on the left... Charcoal for the Weekends and Burgers on the right.

charcoal-and-gas-grill-4037.jpg

I have a "charcoal chimney" which I dump the raw "cowboy" charcoal (no lighter fluid or chemical smells when burning) and I put the chimney over the burner on the far left for a little bit.... once all the charcoal is burning and smoking, I dump the lit charcoal into the right half of the grill. :baimun:
I have the same grill. This is the right answer.

I have used both. I prefer charcoal. I use starter bricks in a chimney to get it going, and it doesn't take too long at all. I agree with the OP about the Smokey Joe being a PITA to use, simply because it sits low on the ground, and there are no handles on it to pick it up unless you make them yourself.

Back