Project Plaid Hammer

LOL Air Rachet for changing saw blades on the CNC.

Part 4 of our #projectplaidhammer series is up now on our blog. Watch Dave bumble his way thru fret slotting and fretting his Arcturus neck. Part 4 is where we also admit we screw up from time to time!

Part 4!

In this installment of #projectplaidhammer Dave huffs paint, gets attacked by a spider and does his best Subway impression with a spray gun!

http://www.kauerguitars.com/updates/2015/7/27/operation-plaid-hammer-huffing-paint
giphy.gif

Dang the frets take a lot of hand work to get right. I assume once you have a few dozen fret jobs done it goes relatively quickly. And loved all the custom tools needed.

How do you tell where to cut the nut slots? I've seen gauges from Stew-Mac for this, but it wasn't clear from the blog how the spacing was determined.

How do you tell where to cut the nut slots? I've seen gauges from Stew-Mac for this, but it wasn't clear from the blog how the spacing was determined.

I'll snap a couple pictures of that. I have a little piece of wood I made that sets the two E strings from the sides of the neck and then we use the stewmac string spacing ruler for the inside four.

Dang the frets take a lot of hand work to get right. I assume once you have a few dozen fret jobs done it goes relatively quickly. And loved all the custom tools needed.

Honestly level and crown is fast but dressing the ends of frets, rolling the edge of the neck and general clean up take the longest part.

Back