Project Arcturus *aka- name TBD*

The burst is much more up my thing than the white one but that's just personal taste. Only things I'd change on the burst would be a 3 ply white black white scratchplate (maybe pearloid) and either white Strat style knobs or round chrome ones to match the trem.

Awesome work, Doug. :thu:

Thanks!

It is a white 3 ply PG, I just don't run quite as heavy a bevel so it's a little tougher to see in the pictures. I actually had white knobs for it but they stood out against the burst a bit to much IMO. Love the heavy knurl chrome knobs though on the white one, that's kind of my go-to for this kind of thing.

156739911.jpg

Well I certainly like where this is going.

I wonder what a Floyd Rose world look like on one of these...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I don't. :tongue:

(unless someone REALLY REALLY throws money in my hand to do one, don't expect to see a Floyd anytime soon).
LOL

If it's any consolation, my preferred Floyd setup isn't recessed. It's just a Strat bridge route with two posts instead of six screws.

Well... I'll just park this here.

large.jpg

156810284.jpg

156810285.jpg

156810282.jpg

156810286.jpg

156810287.jpg

This has a special set of Arcane Pickup's strat set in it. Rob did our 7 string pickups and I really liked them but haven't had a project we could really work on together till now (since my HB/P90's are exclusively Wolfetone). Rob offers just about every pickup imaginable and after describing what I've tried and where I wanted Arcturus (in this version) to be, he nailed it. Very happy.

I think I finally have a 'strat' I LOVE. Really, REALLY happy with this guy. It's the updated, production version. Spanish Cedar body, 1 piece maple neck. The color is Surf Green though in the pictures it's washed a bit more towards Seafoam'ish.

Thanks fella's!

Played it at rehearsal tonight and I'm beyond smitten. I haven't been smitten with a guitar of this type in a long, long time. The Arcanes are just perfect.

Recently wrapped up the first Wenge fretboard and non "fender" pickup Arcturus.
large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Spanish Cedar body, Birdseye Maple Neck, Wolfetone K90's.

I'm really thrilled and surprised by this one. I honestly didn't want to like this as much as our normal all Spanish Cedar Express model (24.75" scale) but this is phenomenal. So our normal Express is squarely in the SG camp, this has a bit of both going for it.

The Spanish Cedar body gives it all the warmth and mids from the Express but the 25.5" scale, tele half bridge and maple neck gives it a bit of fender bite and snap. Very cool.

Back