ProGuitarShop is closing

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
https://proguitarshop.reverbsites.com/

I never was a PGS fan. They came on after friends' started their own shops, and I had better pricing and shipping options. These days, I mostly buy used from Reverb. But, their reputation was stellar, their videos helped sell a million pedals, and their impact on the industry in the past 10 years is notable. I'm glad to see those videos and the "magazine" they started will continue.

Last edited:
I wonder if that has anything to do with no new entry for Free Pedal Friday today.

I'm not surprised...once the founder died that seemed to really knock back the business

They actually used to have a nice downtown Portland storefront back before they had the big online presence. They shut that down a couple years ago to focus on e-commerce only.

I'm not surprised...once the founder died that seemed to really knock back the business

They actually used to have a nice downtown Portland storefront back before they had the big online presence. They shut that down a couple years ago to focus on e-commerce only.
I didn’t realize he had died until this post! But it makes sense that this would happen, especially if his heir(s) don’t have that same passion for it.

Andy can probably keep getting paid to make videos. His videos always were the best.

Crap, they had a Carbon Copy Deluxe for just under $200 before I ate dinner and now it's gone!

Crapola! Francis Ford Crapola!!!

That escalated quickly.

That’s awesome, Joe and Andy are my 2 favorite demo guys.

I think we all should pitch in together and open an online pedal store. Even if we don’t sell anything, we get pedals for wholesale:grin:

I remember something on HC about "group buying" and how it has been a big thing in China for a long time. They were trying to get 100 people to buy the same guitar/pedal/something together.

ProGuitarShop was an actual shop that actually sold things? I thought it was just an online video branding thing, like Andertons.

Back