Question: Pragestock 2014

A lot will depend on the airfare I can get a month from now, but it it does not go up too much I am in.......

So I remember....airfare for me is $473.00 right now.

How the hell do you decide what to bring?
Are you flying? Bring nothing.

Driving? The standards will be there. No need to bring a fender strat or tele. But if one of those is your #1 and you'll be more comfortable playing it, then bring what will get you up on "stage" the most. #1 party foul is not playing. If you have a special guitar or amp bring that. But guitars are usually a better choice to bring. Amps take too much room. Guitar stands are usually needed and make for nice easy picks of all the gear. It's pretty much an adult show and tell. Bring only one thing and you'll have an excuse to come back next year to show us the other piece of gear you didnt bring this year.

Bring a case of beer and if you can make an awesome dish, we all love food. People also bring pickles, pickled peppers, dried meats, and other snack food. Local or "secret family recipe" stuff is always fun. Local beer is bonus points too.

Bring shorts and pants. Two pair each is plenty, incase one gets wet/rips etc. Shorts for the hot day. Pants for the night incase mosquitos are bad outside.

That should do it.

Driving? The standards will be there. No need to bring a fender strat or tele. But if one of those is your #1 and you'll be more comfortable playing it, then bring what will get you up on "stage" the most. #1 party foul is not playing. If you have a special guitar or amp bring that. But guitars are usually a better choice to bring. Amps take too much room. Guitar stands are usually needed and make for nice easy picks of all the gear. It's pretty much an adult show and tell. Bring only one thing and you'll have an excuse to come back next year to show us the other piece of gear you didnt bring this year.

Bring a case of beer and if you can make an awesome dish, we all love food. People also bring pickles, pickled peppers, dried meats, and other snack food. Local or "secret family recipe" stuff is always fun. Local beer is bonus points too.

Bring shorts and pants. Two pair each is plenty, incase one gets wet/rips etc. Shorts for the hot day. Pants for the night incase mosquitos are bad outside.

That should do it.
Thanks e...I'm a planner by nature, and I'll spend way more time than I should obsessing over this stuff...

Btw...I'm driving...

Thanks e...I'm a planner by nature, and I'll spend way more time than I should obsessing over this stuff...

Btw...I'm driving...

You don't have to bring anything if you don't want to. For us that fly in, we just come with a suitcase. Others who have driven in have brought guitars that they wanted to share. Some have brought their pedalboards while other brought everything including the kitchen sink.

You don't have to bring anything if you don't want to. For us that fly in, we just come with a suitcase. Others who have driven in have brought guitars that they wanted to share. Some have brought their pedalboards while other brought everything including the kitchen sink.
The real debate is going to be do I bring the Washburn...I'm scared to death of something happening to that guitar, which is ridiculously hypocritical of me...I used to beat the hell out of that thing, bouncing it off my thigh, playing it behind my head, flat on the floor... now I treat it like it'll fall apart if I touch it wrong...

The real debate is going to be do I bring the Washburn...I'm scared to death of something happening to that guitar, which is ridiculously hypocritical of me...I used to beat the hell out of that thing, bouncing it off my thigh, playing it behind my head, flat on the floor... now I treat it like it'll fall apart if I touch it wrong...

As long as you have Straploks on it, you're half way there. Tele would bring his strat, 335 and LP to be played. When it is not in play, it goes back in the case. If you followed previous Pragestock threads you will know that there will be a lot of guitars. Two years ago the count was over 30 plus Jaxn's Soloway and Kauer's were there to be played - and they never went in the case - now that is trust.

As long as you have Straploks on it, you're half way there. Tele would bring his strat, 335 and LP to be played. When it is not in play, it goes back in the case. If you followed previous Pragestock threads you will know that there will be a lot of guitars. Two years ago the count was over 30 plus Jaxn's Soloway and Kauer's were there to be played - and they never went in the case - now that is trust.
So it's straplocks or make sure Rev doesn't play it...gotcha...:wink:

Yeah, stuff is pretty safe here. Accidents do happen, though.

I say bring only what you can deal with getting dinged up, just in case.

In 5 years of Pragestock, we've had two broken toilets, one blown PA speaker, one unplugged CPAP machine, and one dropped guitar. If there were other damages, I'm not aware of them.

So it's straplocks or make sure Rev doesn't play it...gotcha...:wink:

Rev dropped that guitar due to no straploks. When I tried out SVH917's LP it almost fell due to a bad strap. Please note that both guitars are owned by SVH917 and both of them had no straploks. Both Rev and I - before the infamous Reverend dropped advised that he put it away. I believe this year SVH917's guitar will all have straploks therefore almost drop free. Can't help if a strap breaks but I won't be there to witness it.

...Bring only one thing and you'll have an excuse to come back next year to show us the other piece of gear you didnt bring this year.

we've had two broken toilets...

Maybe bring one of those, too.

Holy guacamole! Just discovered that by flying out of Colorado Springs instead of Denver (70 minute drive) I can fly to Charleston for $303.00 round trip. That is $170.00 cheaper than Denver......

I am really tempted to pull the trigger....and make Pragestock a reality this year....

If the furnace estimates I get this afternoon are good I will probably lock in the airfare tonight.

Last edited:
Back