Question: Pragestock 2014

Prages

User Error
What's everybody's feelings about moving Pragestock to maybe the end of September?

We're going to sign up for a race the last weekend of July, so that's out.

End of September would make the weather less of a factor (temps usually in the 70s, not as big a chance of big thunderstorms or flooding, not much of a chance of snow).

Just throwing it out there. Any time other than the last weekend of July, or Labor Day weekend (our anniversary is Sept 2) will work, but I think late September might be more comfortable for everybody.

It's probably not any more traumatic for my schedule than August was, so I guess I'd be fine :tongue:

Might be a little harder to navigate, what with the kid being in school. OTOH, we probably won't have any long-term guests staying with us in the fall like we did last summer, so it's probably a wash.
In short, whatevs!

I can probably do that. Summer works better because I have fewer students (gawtdayumn slackers!) but I still usually have three day weekends during the school year too. I love the idea of a cooler Pragestock too!

Sent from none of your fuckin' business!

I didn't think the weather was bad last year, but it was only 1 year. End of Sept may work out better for me. I know the wife won't be planning any vacations around then.

Prior to this year it would have been a non-starter for me - but with #1 daughter graduating from HS this May I don't have that in the way. I could make that work probably. And that leaves more time for gigs to pay for the trip.

For those of you that don't get to this side of the country very often, late September is one of the nicest times of year out here. The fall colors are out and both the temps and humidity are down. There's usually a slight chill in the night air which is perfect for sitting around a campfire and knocking down a few beers. I've never attended, and don't know if I will this year either, but late Sept. sounds like a good idea.

I love the idea of driving there with my windows down the whole way. Not going to do that in the summer time. :embarrassed:

Right now I'm scheduled off the last weekend of September through October 4th, so it would work out perfectly for me :thu:

Not that I have ever made it, but with conferences the second and the last weekends of September, Carol would kill me if I went away another weekend. I'll just live vicariously through your posts, as usual. :rolleyes:

Actually, September would work rather well for me. And if CBHScott goes, maybe I can catch a ride...

:grin:

with conferences the second and the last weekends of September, Carol would kill me if I went away another weekend.

At least you'll die happy.

Set the date and I'll see what I can do. I might be able to swing it if we don't go away at the beginning of the month.

Back