Achtung! Pragestock 2012 Planning Thread!

I may break down and try to get the downstairs A/C fixed this year. Last year we had the upstairs A/C only, and it was getting frozen up and not working very well. I came home from picking Dave up from the airport and it was at least 100 degrees in the attic, so I had to spend an hour or so up there with a hair dryer defrosting the coil. :embarrassed:

Nah, you really want to get your strippers from Jefferson.
The-Jeffersons-tv-s07.jpg

Jefferson is a town just west of Charleston. It was originally part of the city of St. Albans, but there was about a 3 mile stretch commonly call "The Badlands" that was nothing but bars and strip joints. St. Albans didn't have the police force to patrol the main part of the city and The Badlands, so the annexed it and it became the town of Jefferson. So, basically it was a three mile strip of run down bars and strip clubs with absolutely no law enforcement. State Police used to bust about two or three clubs a months for prostitution. As soon as one would go out of business, two more would pop up in its place. While I've never been inside of any of the establishments there, I've seen enough of the people who hang out around them to know that it's not the kind of place I want to go.

"Badlands" would be a kick ass name for a band....

... oh wait.... :embarrassed:

:spit:

For the non in the know...

Badlands was a short-lived rock band founded by former Ozzy Osbourne guitarist Jake E. Lee and former Black Sabbath members Ray Gillen and Eric Singer. Badlands also featured bassist Greg Chaisson. After the first Badlands album, Eric Singer was replaced by Jeff Martin. The group lasted from 1988 to 1993 and released two albums, Badlands (1989) and Voodoo Highway (1991) before Gillen left and was replaced by singer John West from New York. Ray's death in 1993 effectively ended any hopes of re-uniting the project. The album Dusk (originally recorded in 1992 - 1993) was posthumously released in 1998.

Hey Prages - So are those dates a lock? Just trying to be certain as I want to lock down the my ticket price today. It is $331 roundtrip but I get in Thursday night at 9pm. Will stay at a hotel to avoid getting lost.

I had an idea a few days ago... what if this year we tasked ourselves with learning an entire album, which we could cap off on Saturday night? I was thinking about Abbey Road or some other album where we could get lots of us involved on both the same song, then switch it up for the next. :shrug:

Back