Practically new Tele day. :)

Dexter Inferno

Serious error
Finally done modding the MIM Tele I've had for about 10 years.

New Warmoth roasted maple neck and pickguard.

This is what I started with (and yeah, that birdseye maple neck will be going on my P90 Tele project):

IMG_20170405_145613.jpg

Shiny frets after doing some work on them (very little that needed to be done btw). Really starting to get the hang of this. :)

IMG_20170407_204457.jpg

And here, after fretwork, assembly and setup.

IMG_20170407_221920.jpg

Classy looking imo, and plays like BUTTAH! Action on it is ridiculous, and bloody hell is that roasted maple neck comfy to play. I'm a convert for sure (thanks Chad). :thu:
And obviously, black makes everything look better.

Haven't had the chance to plug it in yet, but will do that tomorrow.

Gotta love it when a plan comes together. :)

Nice! I have Warmoth roasted maple necks on my Tele and Strat and they're fantastic.

This is the first one I've tried and I had no idea how comfortable (and fast!!) it was to play.
I hate the heavily laquered necks as they get really sticky during gigs. :embarrassed:

Definitely going to be getting more of those.

This neck btw was damn near perfect when I got it btw. Very little fretwork and truss rod adjustment needed. Nut was perfect.
There's a lesson in there for both Fender and Gibson.

Full specs on this btw....

Only the body is stock. MIM Standard (3 piece I think).

Warmoth roasted maple neck, Wolfgang profile, Graphtech nut, compound radius, Schaller locking tuners (the best there is imo).
Kinman 60's Tele pickups with 4 way angled switch. The angled swich is fucking awesome, and I have no idea why Fender don't do this.
And best of all, no soldering with the pickups. Plug and play bitches.
Graphtech saddles as well.
Electrosocket jack.

This is a fucking player. :grin: :rawk:

What's your take on the Kinman's?

I've been thinking of their noiseless P-90s for my Reverend Stu D. Baker

Awesome. I had no roasted maple, but the finished necks I've got from warmoth are great. Congrats on the improved looks and playability! Looks much better to me.

I like both configurations, but the first reminds me of the '80s Schecters that I still have a big interest in. I think Knopfler had a red tele with a figured and inlay-less neck to match his similarly appointed Schecter Strat from Rudy's. So, if I had to choose, I prefer pre-tweak, but I still like the post tweaked version. Black is a great guard color for red guitars.

Back