Dig it! Power Supply Needed (now found!)

RyanNo3

Pedals - Pedals - Pedals
ISO5, FuelTank Jr., DC Brick

I need a smaller supply to mount cleanly.

@smurfco and mystixboi2 (@Chad ) have both failed me.

I have pedals and money (tight budget) or a combination of the two.

Not yet....I've only had it hooked up for a few weeks so far but I figured for $33 wtf...I'm sure its a Chinese made power supply much like the Mooer and Donner brands.
If you need the peace of mind from a more trusted brand, maybe that's the route to go. For me I just needed a cheap power supply to get my small board up and running.
All that said, I just had to send both my Shure pedalboard mounted wireless and my ISP G-String gate back to the Mfg for repair so....
I would have considered both of them to be trusted brands...

It should be noted that I've used a One Spot for many years without issue. Maybe when it breaks I'll get something different. But I just don't see the advantage of the DC Brick over the One Spot.
I may just buy another OneSpot and run that to the drive pedals.

From what I've read, the DC Brick isn't isolated. It's basically a One Spot. I would get something isolated.
The only isolation issue I've ever had with he D.C. Brick is from the digitech drop pedal....I just run theat one with its own power supply. None of my other pedals have been affected negatively.
Wah, OD, chorus, flange, phase the list goes on.
I have 2 Bricks, one is probably close to 15 years old, I wouldn't be surprised if that is not isolated. The other is newer that I bought used on Reverb. Maybe I'm wrong but I could have sworn that it was isolated...I could be wrong though.

Edit: I just googled the D.C. Brick. I couldn't find anything definitively saying that it's isolated. The bricks I have are the older Dunlop ones. Mxr is selling them now. Possibly the new ones are isolated.
Voodoo pedal power are also very popular, also very expensive.

Last edited:
Maybe jumped the gun. MXR does the ISO 10, but, like you I'm getting a mixture of does and doesn't have isolated outputs.

Eh ... I'm not playing live to 1000+ seat venues... It's getting reviewed that it's quiet. Oh fuck me.

Powah Plant installed!!! Cleaned up the wires last night so they're not all willy nilly like below.

upload_2017-2-10_9-11-59.png

Back