Question: Power Supply for Small Pedal Board

Deep Eddy

Argle Bargle or Foofaraw?
The pedal board picture thread got me thinking about this. I'm getting tired of all the logistics of connecting and plugging in pedals when I play. Plus, I'm tired of the mess and chaos. I'm looking for a cost-effective method for powering my pedals.

My pedals are: Boss TU-2 Tuner, MXR 78 Super Badass Distortion and Digitech Digidelay.

It appears that a lot of folks are using power bricks, but those look a little pricy for my needs. The Visual Sound One Spot looks like it may be a good solution, and the price is right (MF has them for $30).

Any suggestions or recommendations for a hobbyist guitarist who doesn't need a pro-level gigging guitarist set-up?

The One spot should be cool. I have the Godlyke Powerall too. Pretty much the same thing.

I use the One Spot. I do not recommend using it with high power pedals like from Eventide or pedals that require voltages other than 9v. But it powers the majority of my board and doesn't add any weight. And that works great for me.

Thanks to all for the recommendations. I guess I need to flip a coin to decide between 1 Spot and Godlyke.

+1 on the One Spot. None of the pedals you listed falls into the power-hungry category, IMO a One Spot would do the job.

2 One Spots, or One One Spot, and a wall wart. A time based pedal + a dirt pedal = noise if on the same power supply. ...unless it's an expensive power supply, that has isolated outputs.

i swear by my Voodoo Lab Pedal Power
pedal powe.jpg

2 One Spots, or One One Spot, and a wall wart. A time based pedal + a dirt pedal = noise if on the same power supply. ...unless it's an expensive power supply, that has isolated outputs.

Not the first time I've seen someone say that. I run both of mine off the same One Spot and have no noise issues...well, unless you count the notes I'm trying to play. :wink:

Back