Potential new job.

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
Most of you know that I left LMA last month; I was supposed to leave at the end of August, but there was a problem with the teacher that was hired to replace me and his availability, so I stayed on for an extra month. Since I left LMA I've been working on getting my new studio - AM Sound - up and running, and this weekend I taught my first lesson there.

Tonite Ashlee told me that the Executive Director of our local community arts center (where Ashlee is a Board Member and also where we're holding our wedding reception) that one of their guitar teachers quit and they need someone to step in and take over their schedule. Deja vu, eh? He asked her if I would be interested in coming and teaching there, which really is a big honour and a tremendous opportunity to network with other creative types in the city, as well build my reputation in town, and start bringing some cash in.

At the same time, I'm a bit apprehensive that taking the position might further stall AM Sound. I was also looking forward to teaching out of the house and being fully autonomous for a change. I'm going to definitely meet with the Exec. Dir. to discuss it and get the details about the position. There have been a lot of changes in my life this year and sometimes the options can get a bit overwhelming.

"a tremendous opportunity to network with other creative types in the city, as well build my reputation in town, and start bringing some cash in."

Enough said.

In the art world, having connections is half the battle. The other half is having connections.

Enjoy.

See if they will bring you on in a consulting/teaching/transition role for 6 months. You get steady money while you build your business in your off hours. It sounds like a great opportunity.

Yeah. I don't know how fully booked that teacher was, or how many more students they generally like teachers to carry. I'm also hoping that since they have such a reach in the community and do so many projects, I might have an opportunity to do some more commercial music.

"a tremendous opportunity to network with other creative types in the city, as well build my reputation in town, and start bringing some cash in."

Enough said.

In the art world, having connections is half the battle. The other half is having connections.

Enjoy.
Correction: delete "art".

In every world connections are half, if not all, of the game. A podcast I listen to constantly preaches the 2 R's. Results and Relationships.

Take the job.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Correction: delete "art".

In every world connections are half, if not all, of the game.

This is not nearly as true in many industries. Health care, education, pretty much anything that's got strong unionization, lots of government and infrastructure jobs, etc.

Also probably not nearly as true in the rest of the 1-world (socialized) world as in the US.

But yes, Andy. Do it.

This is not nearly as true in many industries. Health care, education, pretty much anything that's got strong unionization, lots of government and infrastructure jobs, etc.

Also probably not nearly as true in the rest of the 1-world (socialized) world as in the US.

But yes, Andy. Do it.
I have gotten several jobs both in counseling and education, through networking. I'd say give it a shot, at least. I did a lot of side gigs while getting my office established.

Exploring your options is never a bad thing...talk to them and see if the situation works to your advantage...the worst that can happen is you stay where you're at...

Best of luck...

But yes, Andy. Do it.
I don't know much about primary education, but connections are critically important in academia

IMG_4001.JPG

secures your position, sure. at least in the sciences, if you want to keep being productive (i.e., publishing) - knowing people is still a good thing.

I'd never dispute that.

But if you're someone whose primary income comes from being an artist, then networking is exponentially more essential.

Most of my income comes from landlording. It's very important to have good employees, and they're a great source of recommending other employees, etc. But, as a business owner, it's nowhere near as important as location.

As university faculty, yeah, it was essential for me finding my job. But if I were an artist, I'd be looking for a job constantly. Nature of the beast.

You guys leave Flame alone. He just likes to argue with me and wanted to be sure that I knew that even though I wasn't wrong, he was capable of being more right. It's ok.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

You guys leave Flame alone. He just likes to argue with me and wanted to be sure that I knew that even though I wasn't wrong, he was capable of being more right. It's ok.

eloydrummerboy is, as usual, about 80% correct.

I love arguing, period, so I don't single him out.

But yes, I am more right. Naturally.

Back