Post your takes here!

Hey Mark, thanks so much for hosting this competition. Its super fun just to give these solos a shot. Also, thanks (in advance) for posting my take. To all that posted this month and last month, keep up the good work! See you next month,
~Stobiz

Hi guys, saw Mark's latest lesson on TGP, and he mentioned having a solo competition...and I see it's Born Under a Bad Sign.

Back a while ago someone on TGP had a head cutting thread and this was one of the songs...so I recorded a take. For some reason I decided to try and play like Jeff Beck on this...with lots of bends from notes out of the scale, etc. even though I don't really know how to play like Jeff Beck, or a anywhere near as good as him...came out kinda "fusion-y" I guess.
Here it is...I'm brand new so don't count me in the contest (and it's an old take), just thought I'd post a non-traditional take on it. If you hate it, then you can delete this post...not trying to start anything...no ill-will involved. :grin:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=5982561

scoob said:
Hi guys, saw Mark's latest lesson on TGP, and he mentioned having a solo competition...and I see it's Born Under a Bad Sign.

Back a while ago someone on TGP had a head cutting thread and this was one of the songs...so I recorded a take. For some reason I decided to try and play like Jeff Beck on this...with lots of bends from notes out of the scale, etc. even though I don't really know how to play like Jeff Beck, or a anywhere near as good as him...came out kinda "fusion-y" I guess.
Here it is...I'm brand new so don't count me in the contest (and it's an old take), just thought I'd post a non-traditional take on it. If you hate it, then you can delete this post...not trying to start anything...no ill-will involved. :grin:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=5982561

Hey Scoob! Welcome to our little hang....

I can't add you into this particular contest, but I thought your"non-traditional" bent was pretty cool!

We'll probably do more of a straight ahead 12 bar blues for next month if you want to jump in!

Today is the last day to vote, and so far we have a tie between rocklegend0407 and Jazzblues!

Back