Post your entries here!

Since we only have two submissions I'm not going to bother with the voting and I'm declaring a tie...both win!

So Tele and Ron can both PM me about prizes AOK

congrats tele and ron!

one day i will get up the nerve (and make time) to post a clip....maybe for one of the contests.... Totally_jammin_out

Congrats to tele and ron AOK

I think its great to have contest even if only now a few join in. More will follow. I look forward someday, like what the heck, I'm just a false beginner but I'm willing to try out in the future. facepalm0 Wouldn't mind a few picks as a prize facepalm0 Totally_jammin_out

hobo

markwein said:
markwein said:

Nice! For some reason it makes me think of a mellow Buddy Guy... smi

What guitar/amp are you using?

This was a 96 Strat Plus (neck pickup) into a VOX valvetronix using the AC15 model, direct out into a Lexicon Omega then into Cubase SX. I put some comp on the track along with some light reverb then I made a copy of the track. The second track is slid forward about 15ms (or 20). Then the original track was panned hard left and the 15ms delayed copy is panned hard right.

Thanks for the kudos on the track. If anyone asks who I sound like, I never have an answer... I kind of like Greg Martin's kentucky style of blues so maybe there's some of that in there. idn_smilie

telecaster911 said:
I'd like to hear what Ron used also. Sounds good, Ron smi

Nice, I was wondering how you got that stereo effect...

I used a R7 Les Paul Black Beauty -> Fender Hod Rod Deville - SM57 -> Pre Sonus Firebox

I had my amp modded a couple of years ago by Jim Price @ Omega Amps

telecaster911 said:
markwein said:
markwein said:

Nice! For some reason it makes me think of a mellow Buddy Guy... smi

What guitar/amp are you using?

This was a 96 Strat Plus (neck pickup) into a VOX valvetronix using the AC15 model, direct out into a Lexicon Omega then into Cubase SX. I put some comp on the track along with some light reverb then I made a copy of the track. The second track is slid forward about 15ms (or 20). Then the original track was panned hard left and the 15ms delayed copy is panned hard right.

Thanks for the kudos on the track. If anyone asks who I sound like, I never have an answer... I kind of like Greg Martin's kentucky style of blues so maybe there's some of that in there. idn_smilie

Thats a great effect AOK

telecaster911 said:
Here's Greg Martin that I was talking about. One of my favorite guitar players. Little bit o' slide and a little bit of not slide smi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1eZ204P79Y&feature=related

I enjoyed that... Thanks.

And Warren0728 - Check out

HL_02500476.gif

I own it, have not gotten all the way thru it but what I have learned has been fun - all the tracks are Gov't Mule playing and standard tuning.

Ron

i probably will....i have warren's dvd "electric blues & slide guitar"

just got it....i love me some warren haynes!

warren0728 said:
telecaster911 said:
Here's Greg Martin that I was talking about. One of my favorite guitar players. Little bit o' slide and a little bit of not slide smi

wow....never heard of him....but i like what i heard....i think he was playing slide in standard tuning like warren haynes (something i looking into myself)....

He was the guitar player in The Kentucky Headhunters. AOK

telecaster911 said:
warren0728 said:
telecaster911 said:

wow....never heard of him....but i like what i heard....i think he was playing slide in standard tuning like warren haynes (something i looking into myself)....

He was the guitar player in The Kentucky Headhunters. AOK
cool....gonna get some of his stuff!

Back