Post gig ruminations....

I'd really like a plexitone also.

I get the feeling that it would be a big improvement in what i sound like. maybe that and something like a Suhr Riot in place of the direct drive for my "80's" sound and I'd be stoked. i could move the replaces pedals and one of the boosts to a second board that i could use at work.

jeepers, Mark, just buy a Pod.
you'll have ALL the pedals.
and even Howie can't tell the difference

okay, he probably can, but no one else will be able to...
:wink:

seriously though, it's a good idea.
and a better one for you guys who know yer pedal stuff.
you can run the effects dry, so yer amp tone is till there
that came out wrong...I htink you know what I mean

I just want it to go GRRR and BOIB bOInk boibnk and stuff...

jeepers, Mark, just buy a Pod.
you'll have ALL the pedals.
and even Howie can't tell the difference

okay, he probably can, but no one else will be able to...
:wink:

seriously though, it's a good idea.
and a better one for you guys who know yer pedal stuff.
you can run the effects dry, so yer amp tone is till there
that came out wrong...I htink you know what I mean

I just want it to go GRRR and BOIB bOInk boibnk and stuff...

nobody can tell the difference just listening. fuck, nobody could tell if you were playing a Squier tele into a POD instead of a Suhr into one of those Fender Clapton amps. the only person who can tell is the one actually using the equipment. gear is for the player, not the audience.

personally, i don't want a do-all setup because i don't need one. i want these sounds and that's it. all the tweakability bullshit goes away when you finally program everything into the 3 patches you actually use.

nobody can tell the difference just listening. fuck, nobody could tell if you were playing a Squier tele into a POD instead of a Suhr into one of those Fender Clapton amps. the only person who can tell is the one actually using the equipment. gear is for the player, not the audience.

personally, i don't want a do-all setup because i don't need one. i want these sounds and that's it. all the tweakability bullshit goes away when you finally program everything into the 3 patches you actually use.

Absolutely. And much of the overlap in my current pedalboard is becoming obsolete with the way I'm able to play my gig now so you might see a few things go away in this board....

I don't use the Pod for giggging, just recording at home

I don thithk it's the best fofr gigs
too many pops when swapping tones
but for home, it's all I need

I can haz cheap?

I don't know..what do they go for? If i sell anything it needs to be a worthwhile (but fair) sale because I need to buy other gear. I bet its probably about $100-$150 on eBay though....it's pretty old.

oh man, I don't want it for free or nothin', no wories.
I'm trying to get the whole crew into L6 stuff, so I can prog the sounds they need,
(i,e. become dictator)
this would be a stepping stone

you let me know what you think's fair, and if & when I can swing it (I may not be able to, jsyk), I"ll do what I can/

Absolutely. And much of the overlap in my current pedalboard is becoming obsolete with the way I'm able to play my gig now so you might see a few things go away in this board....

keeping track of your changes is difficult. up to the minute report?

here's how I'd run it

clean(ish)
clean w/delay & chorus

crunchy
crunchy + (for oomphy bits)
(Like right before the pyro)

and then somehting to jack me for solos

and a wah so I could Hammmet some shit
I"m good at that

oh man, I don't want it for free or nothin', no wories.
I'm trying to get the whole crew into L6 stuff, so I can prog the sounds they need,
(i,e. become dictator)
this would be a stepping stone

you let me know what you think's fair, and if & when I can swing it (I may not be able to, jsyk), I"ll do what I can/

will do!

keeping track of your changes is difficult. up to the minute report?

Well, I barely used my Ep Booster....the RC Booster seemed to cover everything I needed although there were times where I had both on at the same time. I think the Plexitone also has a boost in it so it would replace the EP booster and the BB Preamp. The Direct Drive sounds fine but I think that the Suhr Riot will be an upgrade for my "80's crunch" sound. Then the EP, BB and direct drive can be moved to a second board I can use at work for classes, which I actually do need.

Back