Post a vid of one of your favorite vocal performances...

Actually I just really like that previous song. This one is probably a better contender for best vocal performance.

Kils me every time. His voice is beautiful... I know it's an acquired taste, but once you get it you'll know right away what I mean.

I heard one of his tunes on a college radio station last week driving home from my GF's house. Did not know it was him. At least for that song (do not remember the title) I liked him.

He's a pretty amazing songwriter and performer. Given a thorough listening and just about everyone can find a few songs of his to really like.

He's a pretty amazing songwriter and performer. Given a thorough listening and just about everyone can find a few songs of his to really like.

Oh, I think his songs range from good to great. I just can't stand to hear him 'sing' them.

If you don't understand Tom Waits, then you probably don't "get" Bukowski, Roky Erikson, Fred McDowell or lots of others. Your loss.

Thanks for the Jonny Lang. When I was at Sony, he was ... an object of fixation for so many. Which is to say: an independent artist who wouldn't be bitch-slapped. Amen, Jonny.

And now for something completely different: Jimmie Dale Gilmore covering Mudhoney (with Mudhoney as his backing band).

And then, of course, is this record, which utterly trumps "Sgt. Pepper's" as the best rock album, ever.

Back