Post a beer new to you that you like.

IMG_5792 2.JPG

This is a new one I like. I don't think the name of it means I am a lush. It is very aromatic.

Firestone Walker Stickee Monkey. I Dunkeled in my Pants and Weapon of Mass Seduction, or, well anything by Figueroa Mountain brewery really.

Most beers made by Potosi, from Potosi, WI. All their profits go to charity.

Stickee Monkey is what they call a "central coast quad." Strong, dark ale, more malty sweetness than hoppy. Firestone is everywhere down here, but mostly their 805.

Weapon is a chocolate coffee stout. Dunkeled is a dark lager. I don't thing Fig Mountain has distribution outside of the L.A. area, but if you're ever down that way, it's worth a stop.

What's a good 'red' beer, similar to Killian's?

I went to dinner last night with friends and had a Killian's. I've had Smithwick's red beer too, and I'm of the opinion that I really like red beers, based on those two. Come to think of it, I had a really delicious red beer from the brewery in downtown Benton Harbor...The Livery...a few years ago when I went there to see a Celtic rock band.

What would be another good red beer to try that sells nationally?

What's a good 'red' beer, similar to Killian's?

I went to dinner last night with friends and had a Killian's. I've had Smithwick's red beer too, and I'm of the opinion that I really like red beers, based on those two. Come to think of it, I had a really delicious red beer from the brewery in downtown Benton Harbor...The Livery...a few years ago when I went there to see a Celtic rock band.

What would be another good red beer to try that sells nationally?
If you see Deschutes Cinder Cone Red, grab that.

I have been looking for something new to try and I'm going to give this one a go:

IMG_4932.JPG

It's not my usual thing, but I'm looking for low carb and this is 2 grams per bottle.
I can drink 10 and stay under my carb limit.

Whole Foods recently opened a large new store less than a mile from our home that has a taproom with 19 ever-changing beers on tap! I tried a really nice sour a few weeks ago that was really enjoyable:

DS_MED.jpg

I have cut way, way back on beer lately for budgetary reasons, but I did spring for a 6 pack this weekend. They have a 20% off local brews discount so I picked up this. Very nice. Nothing amazing, but I liked it enough to get it again.

2190887b836d71ed71954ff80b47005c.jpg

Back