Possible NDD. Send good thoughts.

Possible new dog day tomorrow. I have had a bit of a rough year emotionally for a variety of reasons, as has had my family. I, and I think my family could use some family lap love. My kids were interested in a cat, but I tend to be allergic. We went out to the shelter and saw this Cairn Terrier mix that did not seem yappy, and was awfully cuddly and cute. She is estimated at 6 months, and was rescued from another shelter that euthanizes. Our local shelter does not and helps out when they can.

I have been a big dog guy in the past but for some reason feel that some lap dog love, if not to yappy and ankle bitey, could do the trick. And be a good substitute for a cat. I love cats but the allergies do not love me. Gonna take out the Vizsla tomorrow and see if they get along, and see if is still available. Had to do some pretty strong talking to my wife to get my authority to close the deal done. Hoping it is the right decision. I am pretty sure my vizsla will like her.

Last edited:
0d8e2d41e20f429fcae6e154188cde57.jpg

8ba64dc146fdf7156e03c6a727acca50.jpg

My one concern is we like to hike and I understand terriers do not like to stick around. Vizslas do stay close and come when called when trained. I suppose we can learn to deal with it. but hope i understand what I am getting into. She seemed pretty excited to see us. Monty (the vizsla) may help to train her as to who her pack is.

Buy a leash, problem solved.:embarrassed:)

yeah this in fact you really should leash your dog when hiking. I know it's cool to let them be free and run and all but if the area has equestrian your dog could spook a rider or if you're in snake area like me and you got a dog who likes to sniff then they might get struck, even the best trained dog might run off after a scent as well etc, etc

But that's beside the point...Good luck with getting the new dog, looks like a great one. That first pic you can tell she's full of personality and looks really well adjusted and comfortable. Hope you get it :thu:

Back