Pop ups for threads.

davebols

Habanero Chomper
Up until a day or so ago I was able to hover over a thread title and get a pop up box with the first few words of the thread but now it's not doing that. So my question is, is it my computer or a setting, or should I become a supporting member?
Also while I got ya here, sometimes when I click on a thread some kind of game with arrows comes up. I close that page and it brings me to where I was trying to go to. This just started happening too.
I cleared my browser but that didn't help.
thanx for any help

Up until a day or so ago I was able to hover over a thread title and get a pop up box with the first few words of the thread but now it's not doing that. So my question is, is it my computer or a setting, or should I become a supporting member?
Also while I got ya here, sometimes when I click on a thread some kind of game with arrows comes up. I close that page and it brings me to where I was trying to go to. This just started happening too.
I cleared my browser but that didn't help.
thanx for any help
It might be something with your computer. Nothing has been changed on the site for a few weeks. Maybe @dodgechargerfan has some input :shrug:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That sounds like something funky in your browser.
Especially that game pop up.
It sounds like you have some kind of redirection hack.
That kind of thing can affect other things in your browser - like the hover feature.

Try downloading the free version of MalwareBytes and do a full scan.
If it what is described above, it will likely show up as a PUP Potentially Unwanted Program.

Reactions: Tig
Yes it is Peeker. I got this laptop around chistmass and it came with Norton built in but, I never activated it til now. I ran Malwarebytes and that fixed it then got to thinking why is there no protection on here already. Guess I just woke up.
thanx again all.

Back