Help! POLL ADDED Reverend Pete Anderson Hollowbody

Help me pick the color!

• Total voters
I rather like their Tricky Gomez model

nnk8j2ywagdhpaqlyl8o.jpg

reverend-tricky-gomez-rt-satin-alpine-green

I voted green on the OP choice. But oooh!! This one with the tort is hot!

I've always wanted to check out a Rev, but I have NEVER seen one here. The one above is the new (NAMM) Airsonic. It looks amazing!

Hey, I picked the same as you. Go figure!! Must not be a discussion about college football. :wink: Hey, since you have obviously played both, how do you compare the Tricky Gomez to the PA?
I’m so bad it trying to suscribe sounds. I think @Help!I'maRock! hit it on the head.

The Anderson is more open and airy. It excels at the rockabilly thing. It’s also great for blues. That’s what PA wanted it to do. I feel like I’m selling it short, but I haven’t played them a lot. I have a Gretsch, so I’ve just played them for a few minutes here and there at the ranch.

The the Tricky is tighter and more and percussive. The Trickey really does the Grindy thing well. Is sounds awesome with some dirt.

There’s a great episode of LFDH with Billy Gibbons where Elliot Lewis plays a Trickey. His solo sounds great and everyone else on the room is playing guitars cost three to four times as much.

Last edited:
Yeah but chances are your wife used them for something she shouldn’t be using pliers to do and then she put them down somewhere. You’ll see them in an odd spot but you’re too busy doing something else to put them away.

Three weeks later you, need them and you’ll recall you saw them someplace funny. Eight hours after that, you’ll have torn your entire house apart and started a fight with your wife for using your shit and AND not putting it back (separate offenses). Then off to the hardware store to buy a new pair of pliers.

They don’t have the exact ones you want anymore so you have to get a pair with weird grips. You also see two other tools you don’t need but that look cool, so you buy those too. At the checkout you buy a RedBull and spill it on your crotch in the car. Your car smells like ether and strippers for a week.

When you get home your wife is still mad at you and it carries over til the next morning.

Two weeks later you find your old pair of pliers and mumble “mother fucker”. Your 4 year old hears you and repeats it and your wife is really pissed now.

Sound about right?

Story checks out

Mmmmmm

Torn between the orange and the Pelham blue one (ocean mist or mermaid’s wet dream or what ever it’s called).

I think the ‘tron pickups would be fun

I am partial to LPB, but (as the recent purchaser of an orange vehicle) the orange one kinda calls to me.

After much consideration, I voted green. I like all the colors offered in the poll, but there's something about Reverend's rendition of green that really works for me, and I am not generally a fan of green guitars - Gretsch Ani 'mint' green and Guild's emerald being notable exceptions.

Yeah but chances are your wife used them for something she shouldn’t be using pliers to do and then she put them down somewhere. You’ll see them in an odd spot but you’re too busy doing something else to put them away.

Three weeks later you, need them and you’ll recall you saw them someplace funny. Eight hours after that, you’ll have torn your entire house apart and started a fight with your wife for using your shit and AND not putting it back (separate offenses). Then off to the hardware store to buy a new pair of pliers.

They don’t have the exact ones you want anymore so you have to get a pair with weird grips. You also see two other tools you don’t need but that look cool, so you buy those too. At the checkout you buy a RedBull and spill it on your crotch in the car. Your car smells like ether and strippers for a week.

When you get home your wife is still mad at you and it carries over til the next morning.

Two weeks later you find your old pair of pliers and mumble “mother fucker”. Your 4 year old hears you and repeats it and your wife is really pissed now.

Sound about right?

I keep all of my tools in the basement. There may be a spider in the basement, so my wife won't even look down the steps. :grin:

Pretty much "meh" over the guitar, but thanks to this thread, I'm having my son cut and etch a Bisgby bar labeled "Poop Knife".

Thanks Obama.

Back