Pokemon people

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
I was coming back from the grocery store and as i was driving by the park I looked over and I saw three pasty white people who looked out of place (NERDZ) a chubby looking fella, a tall skinny looking one and a Molly Ringwaldish looking nerdette complete with long sleeve linen shirt and giant sunhat...all were pasty whit and they of course all had smartphones out in front of them as if looking for a recption signal which was the dead giveaway that they were out of their element (their element being a comic con convention, etc). The other telling thing was the way they all nevously turned around when a car drove by them as if they knew they had been outed as NERDZ PLAYING A STUPID GAME in public :mad:

This being a saturday the last weekend of July (Dogdays) I was to be quite honest worried for their safety because obviously they had no clue. I mean if you wanna go out and cycle, run, cross train, walk the dog....POKEMON then you go early in the morning out here. I hope they do not get heatstroke, it would be a shame. :(

Modern day natural selection ! Encourage as many zombies as possible to download the game.

Data rates and fees may apply.

bogdog.jpg

For people my daughter's age (25) it doesn't matter if you're a nerd, hipster, or what -- those folks grew up on Pokemon, so they are pretty much all interested. However, I would imagine that people in other cohorts other than nerds are not paying much attention.

I walked ten miles this past week playing Pokemon.

Three weeks ago I didn't walk at all.

Say what you want, I'm lapping people on the couch and have a Pikachu to prove it. I'm ok with that.

I walked ten miles this past week playing Pokemon.

Three weeks ago I didn't walk at all.

Say what you want, I'm lapping people on the couch and have a Pikachu to prove it. I'm ok with that.
are you saying a miracle happened? Are you sayin' you were an invalid and could not walk and suddenly Pokemon cured you and now you can walk :eek:

are you saying a miracle happened? Are you sayin' you were an invalid and could not walk and suddenly Pokemon cured you and now you can walk :eek:

I'm saying now I'm actually enjoying my walks and have motivation to do so. I won't apologize for that.

What the fuck are you talking about, DdBob?

Seriously though...I thought perhaps he bought a used car or cat hair trimmers....Some fucking people are so secretive of their shopping lists.. Jeffry Dahmer and John Wayne Gacy were that way too...

I'm saying now I'm actually enjoying my walks and have motivation to do so. I won't apologize for that.
wait i thought you said you didn't walk pre pokemon and now you are saying you "now enjoy your walks" which leads me to beleive you actually did walk before pokemon and that perhaps pokemon never actually performed a miricle cure cop0

Seriously though...I thought perhaps he bought a used car or cat hair trimmers....Some fucking people are so secretive of their shopping lists.. Jeffry Dahmer and John Wayne Gacy were that way too...

I don't own a cat Tom :idea: I did buy some apple sauce, some oj, some Hatch green chiles which are now in season, an onion, some lunch meat, bread, tortillas, some Luigi's Italian ice, some spinach...I could go on but my fingers are getting tired.

wait i thought you said you didn't walk pre pokemon and now you are saying you "now enjoy your walks" which leads me to beleive you actually did walk before pokemon and that perhaps pokemon never actually performed a miricle cure cop0

I would tell myself to walk and probably get into for about a week. Then stop. Then start again after a few months, for another few days, then stop.

I also joined a gym. Went for about a month and stopped.

I'm three weeks walking now, pretty much 5 days a week doing two miles each day.

I've only lossed a few lbs. but I can tie my shoes a bit easier each time. Between my ER issue a few weeks ago and Pokemon Go, it's been motivating/entertaining me to get up and do it every morning.

My goal is to turn the walking into a jog. The last time I was able to jog a mile was probably 29 years ago.

The good thing is the two miles has no cliffs to walk off of or fountains to fall into. And I don't have my eyes glued to the phone when playing. My phone vibrates when anything game related happens.

Back