Pointy V hot or not? Dean Dave Mustaine StradiVmnt

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Based on the guitar Mustaine used for that abortive concert he did with the San Diego Symphony Orchestra.

Dave_Mustaine_Stradi_angle.jpg

the fretboard isn't bound, but uses the flamed maple from the neck as a natural binding:

dave_mustaine_stradi_arch.jpg

Item ID
STRADI_VMNT
Figured Flame Maple Arch Top w/ F-Holes
Body
Mahogany
Neck
Mahogany
Scale Length
25 1/2
Neck Type
Set Neck
Neck Profile
Dave Mustaine Spec D-Shaped
Fingerboard
Ebony
Inlays
Pearl Dave Mustaine
# of Frets
Knobs
Black Dome
Hardware Color
Black
Bridge
Tune-O-Matic String Thru
Pickup (Neck)
Seymour Duncan Live Wire
Pickup (Bridge)
Seymour Duncan Live Wire
Finish
Gloss
Color
Vintage Burst

Dean made 50 of them back in 2015, USA custom shop, I think the unsold 'new' ones go for $3,999

It looks like later this year a MIK model is coming out, street price of around $1200

Way too tacky, between the inlays and the finish. Flying Vs are silly and ridiculous at the very best of times. Restraint is always smart here. Hate the V tailpiece, also.

I'd hit it, and look like an idiot playing it. I'm 6' 2",230 lbs. A Vee looks wrong on me.

I love it. It's goofy as hell, but it's got a level of taste and refinement rarely seen in a Dean guitar.

Last edited:
It's got a lot going for it, but also has some serious negatives....at the end of the day I wouldn't want it. If I were in the market for a V....this isn't it.

I like Vs and I even like pointy Vs, but that flame and those fake f holes are narsty. dots AND sharkfins is also just silly.

Back